tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greif

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looking for a good tires that wear well with winter handling. have 2017 bighorn and I put on

DISCOVERER AT3 when the original goodyears only lasted 25k miles. only have 25k on these coopers and look like they need replacing. Have a coworker with a GMC that go these same tires at same time and his only last 25 k also even though they are 60k tires. cost way to much for such short life. not abused and rotated every 5k miles. any find tires they like.​

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Falkens have good wear from what's reported, the Nitto's I had wore really well.

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Our trucks eat tires, especially if you drive them like a car (which I do lol).

I would take advantage of the mileage warranty and get $$ off a new set of tires!

I did that with my Falkins and they were down to 3-4/32 and I was surprised at how good they still were in the rain!
(Iused the credit towards a new set and will keep running them)

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
looking for a good tires that wear well with winter handling. have 2017 bighorn and I put on

DISCOVERER AT3 when the original goodyears only lasted 25k miles. only have 25k on these coopers and look like they need replacing. Have a coworker with a GMC that go these same tires at same time and his only last 25 k also even though they are 60k tires. cost way to much for such short life. not abused and rotated every 5k miles. any find tires they like.​

Damn, those AT3 4S are supposed to be a great tire for winter.

I just have Discoverer AT in LT265/70R17 load range "E", but I live in the warm flatlands of FL.

My Coopers are supposed to be a 55,000 mile tire, and I am at 63,000 with a little life left in them. They get rotated every 10k with my oil changes.

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just recently replaced the OEM Goodyear with General ATx after reading lots of reviews. General also has a rebate going on now if you buy 4 tires.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Most people corner too fast. Trucks weigh a lot.
I had some Coopers on a Ford one ton and they lasted a long time. Same with Toyos.
I have Firestone Transforce on the new Ram. People don't seem to like them much.
Treat tires right and they last a lot longer.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Falken WildPeak AT3’s. Not kidding one bit… I have 65k on mine with 3/8th tread left. Will get at least another 10k on them safely. Best tires I have ever seen in my years.
LT305/55R20.

alex6666

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 slt
Engine
bought falken wildpeak and currently have about thirty thousand km on em. Can't say i'm impressed with wear but handling is great. The tread seems pretty low profile which does not give me much confidence but that said they haven't been that bad in the snow. Only got stuck once and that was more my fault than the tires :) probably swap them out before next winter.

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
My stock tires were Firestone AT tires which were complete garbage. I then made the mistake of buying some Firestone AT2 tires where were defective. Will not be getting firestone truck tires again.

I ended up getting michelin's because that's what the dealer recommend. I wanted a highway tire, but due to covid supply issues they were not in stock at the time so I went with AT tires. Only had them a year, but they are way better then the firestone tires already.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

Had the same issue. Except for the short life, they were great tires. Btw, Cooper didn’t honor the warranty.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Whatever you do DO NOT BUY FIRESTONE TRANSFORCE ATs. They should be called APs, all pavement. Worst tire I ever used in mud, snow or ice. Even in 4 low I could barely keep the truck on the road. They were slipping so much even in 4x4 high that the traction control shut down and popped a service TCS light.

I have never been truly worried about driving on even really bad roads till I tried these extra cost off road tires that came on my 2021 2500. Had them pulled off with less than 3000 miles and replaced with 4 Duratrac 275 70 18s while in Grande Prairie hunting. Cost me a day but better than being in the ditch all the time. A whole world of difference in performance.