To Black Out Or Leave Alone

leave it alone

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just wanted everyone's opinion on whether I should black out all the chrome/polish or leave it alone?

Also does anyone know if the Limited grill would fit without any issues if I do decide to black everything out?

20210608_164435.jpg

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I vote black it out, but you are going to get mixed thoughts. Since its bumpers and grill are painted to match, it wouldnt be hard to black out the center of your grill and throw some black rims at it.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Black

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Color matched mirror covers if they sell them definitely! Prolly leave grille alone.
If you ever get the need to swap wheels/tires a mix of black/milled would look great with or without the stock grille also.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That truck is kind a weird mixture of chrome, paint, black. If it were me I think I would just go with a after market set of wheels (not chrome) and call it a day?
If it was a gray or black truck I might lean towards a black grill but not with the blue. Everyone has different taste though so go with what you like.

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm weird because I like chrome, so I say your truck looks snazzy just the way it is.
I think a black grill with the blue just looks weird, like it stands out but not in a good way.
I will admit I'm not a fan of chrome clad wheels, so different rims would look great.
@Plankton , can you do a quick one with black wheels but original grill?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I would black out.

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Yeah black it to look like every other mindless sheep out there. It's pretty bad when you'll see 8 of the same truck all blacked out stopped at an intersection... BORING!
Mix it up some, the right set of bronze rims and trimmed accessories would make for something unique. Or pick some other color scheme..unlike Henry Ford saying, make it anything but blacked out.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm weird because I like chrome, so I say your truck looks snazzy just the way it is.
I think a black grill with the blue just looks weird, like it stands out but not in a good way.
I will admit I'm not a fan of chrome clad wheels, so different rims would look great.
@Plankton , can you do a quick one with black wheels but original grill?

kVTQcZy.png

SharkByte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the blacked out look but it can be taken to far. In my opinion, you need to leave a little bit of contrast or it just looks to flat... This is mine 2016 1500 Sport with 4 inch BDS Lift and 35x12.50.20 Toyo Open Country MT's. All the badging and rims are black but the lug nuts and grill were left chrome. I think yours's looks awesome the way it is, I personally would not black it out. Honestly, the tiny street tires are the only thing I don't like about the look of your truck. A wider tire and fender flares would change the stance and make it look strait up sinister. Blacking out the grill and rims would make it look... unfinished...

full.jpg

Evguy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM1500
Engine
Cummins ISB 170
I'm all about black on black but for some reason the blue looks better with the chrome. I second Sharkbyte's comment about needing larger tires and flares.Rambo with front bumper.jpeg