To Black Out Or Leave Alone

leave it alone

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc921

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
Black out only looks good (to me) on white and black trucks but, as a couple of people have mentioned, you need to leave a little bit of shiny somewhere. Being an old timer, black wheels just remind me of an older car that lost a wheel cover. But that's just me! Mine in True Blue Pearlcoat looks 2020-09-13_13-17-46_959.jpeg right with chrome wheels, badges and polished SS running boards but I think it works best with the painted grill surround and bumpers. Plus the express models already come with a black grill.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Black out only looks good (to me) on white and black trucks but, as a couple of people have mentioned, you need to leave a little bit of shiny somewhere. Being an old timer, black wheels just remind me of an older car that lost a wheel cover. But that's just me! Mine in True Blue Pearlcoat looks View attachment 250523 right with chrome wheels, badges and polished SS running boards but I think it works best with the painted grill surround and bumpers. Plus the express models already come with a black grill.
Very sharp looking truck to me!

DJ Ford

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you think about going more chrome i can trade you my brand new chrome bumpers, would look good with chrome wheels :) just sayin lol

LowboyKW

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT Quad Cab
Engine
3.6 24VVT
Leave it alone, it looks really good as is. Blacked out, de-badged, Carolina squat, doesn't look good or make any sense to this older guy. Then again what they call a pickup nowadays is no where what they used to be. You could probably make three of my Ram 1500's out of my 64 Chevy I had in high school.

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
Leave it as is. Those pictures with black looks like some punk drives it. Original is classier and definitely looks better. My truck came with black out. 2019 1500 Classic. White Truck but badges, wheels, grill and mirrors are all black along with a wide black stripe down center of hood. Didn’t change a thing. I think you’ll be glad if you don’t either. Good luck!

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I voted to leave it alone even though I think blacked out is nice (obviously if you look at mine!), not sure how good it would look on your ride.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Blank it out, or paint it sky blue pink, or purple, red, yellow... Anything but chrome.
I dispise chrome on modern vehicles, and they seem to use so much. It has its place... On old classic cars n trucks

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
That's exactly why I like chrome, it reminds me of old classic cars and trucks. I don't care for modern other than the Challenger, and the Charger of today is the only 4 door car I've ever even looked at twice, just don't have any other choices.

Last edited:

DJ Ford

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Leave it as is. Those pictures with black looks like some punk drives it. Original is classier and definitely looks better. My truck came with black out. 2019 1500 Classic. White Truck but badges, wheels, grill and mirrors are all black along with a wide black stripe down center of hood. Didn’t change a thing. I think you’ll be glad if you don’t either. Good luck!

lmaooooooooooooo 'some punk'