To lift or not to lift, that is the question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fatbassman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View media item 27752View media item 27752View media item 27752
script>
I have a 2015 Ram 1500, it's got a level kit on it with 35's. Fit's good. Looks good. Just a tad "stuffed" though. Not too bad.

PIC: https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...1500-fuel-maverick-rough-country-leveling-kit

Les Schwab does a reasonably priced 4" lift involving a 1.5" rear spacer, 4" spacers/mounts up front with upper control arms to (in theory) return the geometry to "near normal."

They would obviously take out my 2" (or was it a 2.5" ... can't remember) front level kit to do this. My question is has anyone done this lift with 35's (and would you share a picture)?

Also, you hardly have to ask this in a forum, but if you have an opinion on the extra 1.5" ish of lift I'd get and how it would look with the 35's let me know.

I think this is the lift: https://www.suspensionconnection.com/34105kn-ram-1500.html

PS... Many will say, this isn't the best route, and just spend the $$ for a proper 4" or 6" lift... Nope, it's 2 to 3 times more expensive, and I don't buy that Les Schwab would put something on my truck that would be harmful to it. That said, I know you'll tell me anyways.

yhJEVCY

0f5kGIk

Last edited:

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I say do it. Check out customoffsets.com yo see fitment of your set up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think your truck set up now looks great!!!......I say if it rides good now then leave it!... very nice looking truck!!

i agree. for me i think the lift looks great. unfortunately i think caps diminish the appezarance effect of a lift

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Upper control arms will not correct the geometry; I don't believe. I had almost the same system, different brand, and went through cv axles. I eventually changed to a 6" suspension lift with a drop bracket for the differential.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram 1500, it's got a level kit on it with 35's. Fit's good. Looks good. Just a tad "stuffed" though. Not too bad.

PIC: https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...1500-fuel-maverick-rough-country-leveling-kit

Les Schwab does a reasonably priced 4" lift involving a 1.5" rear spacer, 4" spacers/mounts up front with upper control arms to (in theory) return the geometry to "near normal."

They would obviously take out my 2" (or was it a 2.5" ... can't remember) front level kit to do this. My question is has anyone done this lift with 35's (and would you share a picture)?

Also, you hardly have to ask this in a forum, but if you have an opinion on the extra 1.5" ish of lift I'd get and how it would look with the 35's let me know.

I think this is the lift: https://www.suspensionconnection.com/34105kn-ram-1500.html

PS... Many will say, this isn't the best route, and just spend the $$ for a proper 4" or 6" lift... Nope, it's 2 to 3 times more expensive, and I don't buy that Les Schwab would put something on my truck that would be harmful to it. That said, I know you'll tell me anyways.
You can’t cheat a lift many many try and it costs more when you do it the second time. Read through the threads here and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:drunk:
Save your money work and headache just get a lift and do it right the first time. I tried doing a combo on here to answer this question and even doing it the best possible way I could I am going to be pulling it back apart and installing a kit. I've spent hours and hours and more money then I wanted to to get the answer for this. Looks good yes handles good ehh yeah. Off road? Absolutely not and I am even nervous when put it into 4wd the angles are so high. Springs are coming out perches dropping to 0 and zone lift is going on. Save yourself the money and time.

Also Ohio the answer is still no there is not a dif drop available

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
What is the max on the 18s? Do you know of a diff drop that is sold on it's own for them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The diff drop bracket only kits are only for the 09-11 as they had a different style front diff.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I spent a lot of time reading before purchasing my Zone lift. And read a lot of threads about spacers and Bilsteins and mixing and less expensive kits etc. etc. etc. spend some time do your research if it’s a lot of money to you save up or finance it. The one thing that was consistent was every person that tried to skimp re did their lift in some way including myself.
IMO Zone is the best bang for the buck.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
And P.S. Les Schwab will sell you something that will hurt your truck. When you take the time to read and research a little you’ll find a lot of fine print and disclaimers that are down right scary.
Look at TVs use Samsung for example they sell a 65” 4K LED for $600 or less they also sell a 65” 4K LED for $2000 or more.
You can buy fruit loops or save a dollar on fruity O’s
I can go on all day the point is companies sell to what the market is buying. Les Schwab See’s Bilsteins being bought of the shelves and people complaining about the upper ball joints. What do they do? Release a kit that “will fix all your problems and give you an extra inch”
4th Gen ram under 3” safe
Over 3” you need a lift kit that costs more than $1000 no matter how you try and justify it

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The bbn only other thing you can do is piece together a kit like I did. Cost my way over $3500 but rides like a caddy and flexes like crazy. Off road is an amazing performance. I would have saved if I bought a kit. Don't get me wrong I have used cheaper alternatives in the past. Only thing that happened was a rough ride. Be aware though this was all done on Straight Axle Dodges so no control arms and CV angles to worry about.

Tulet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put a 4 inch Rough Country lift, 1 inch hubcentric spacers and 35 inch Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires. Also an Edge Pulsar Tuner with CS2 module and K & N CAI.

Lift1.jpg

Aces and 8s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Penstar 3.6L
I'm in the "looks good as is" boat. The level looks great with the combo you have now.