To ram box or not to rambox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
That is the question. Seriously though my question is do you have any regrets in getting the truck with the rambox option? My concern is that that it will negatively affect the available bed space. Is the space difference noticeable what are the flaws was the idea half-baked if you have any complaints please voice them. Because once I make the investment I'm sticking with it until the wheels fall off or until we run out of fossil fuels. Which ever one happens first.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Wish I had the RamBox on my CC.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I love having the boxes, they allow you to store stuff securely that you'd normally have to keep in the cab. The only way I can think you'll miss the bed space is if you typically PACK the bed tight, filling the nooks around the wheel wells. It does APPEAR a bit smaller but its just an illusion, all you miss is the space between the wells.

What do you currently haul in your truck (if you have one) or what do you THINK you'll have in the bed of it?

tsielski

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was on the fence before I bought my '17 regarding the RamBox. Now that I've owned the truck for 6 months, it would be hard to live without them. With the Ram Box, you still have 4' of bed width, and won't have to use the cab or get an aluminum tool box to store items. Although those aluminum tool boxes are nice, they do eat up bed space.
The only downside I can see to them is a bed cap is out of the question with a Ram Box.

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
Love mine but did find a crack under the lock on the drivers side the other day and have since been finding that a lot of people have had this problem but i would not get another without them !

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wouldn't buy one without them after having mine now. Had a similar deal in my Avalanche back in the day, so handy.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love the rambox, it is what sold me on getting another Ram. The amount of bed space you lose is minimal. You will notice it most if you use your bed to haul materials like dirt, gravel, mulch because it uses all the volume, but you won't see it much when hauling larger items that wouldn't use that space by the wheel wells anyway. I still put plywood and sheetrock in the bed with no issues.

The biggest thing for me is that I would need to have a bed toolbox and with the rambox I don't need one. So that compensates for any loss of bed space for me.

OP
OP
Immortaldaul

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I love having the boxes, they allow you to store stuff securely that you'd normally have to keep in the cab. The only way I can think you'll miss the bed space is if you typically PACK the bed tight, filling the nooks around the wheel wells. It does APPEAR a bit smaller but its just an illusion, all you miss is the space between the wells.

What do you currently haul in your truck (if you have one) or what do you THINK you'll have in the bed of it?
Random inconsistent ******** really. I've moved mattresses and box springs lumber and other bits of furniture

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
They are nice, but do affect the bed size. Other downside, there seems to be a number of folks having the lids crack. My buddies just cracked on his 2016 too.

OP
OP
Immortaldaul

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
They are nice, but do affect the bed size. Other downside, there seems to be a number of folks having the lids crack. My buddies just cracked on his 2016 too.
Well that's disconcerting

rontimmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I am getting ready to upgrade to a 3500 from my 2500 in order to haul my new fifth wheel. Unfortunately I am going to have to go to a DRW to handle the trailer weight. I am absolutely going to miss my Ram Boxes this things are awesome, specially for a short guy like me who can't easily reach into the bottom of the bed. The only down side to them is you will have use a sidewinder pin box if you decide to tow a fifth wheel due to some loss of room on the sides, other than that I didn't feel like I lost anything and I have hauled rocks, bags of concrete, lumber, pallets of paver stones (yes a pallet fits all be it a little tight). This is one of the best extras Ram has going.

cubmedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will get them on my next ram if they are still being made. I wish I can put them on my truck now.

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I cannot imagine my truck without them, I've moved lumber, furniture etc. I have not noticed the missing space before and after the wheels.
My main grip has been on my 2016 Ram is both ram boxes have a slight crack right under the lock. I am meeting a decent amount of opposition from dealers to get t fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love mine, only issue is if you plan on a 5th wheel, it's a Lil more expensive than one without ram boxes. That that big of deal. Ram boxes are very handy.

OP
OP
Immortaldaul

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I cannot imagine my truck without them, I've moved lumber, furniture etc. I have not noticed the missing space before and after the wheels.
My main grip has been on my 2016 Ram is both ram boxes have a slight crack right under the lock. I am meeting a decent amount of opposition from dealers to get t fixed.

Wtf they should fix it or stop making them until they implement it better

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
When I go for my oil change will am planning on having a talk with the Service and Sales managers. Hopefully it will be resolved soon

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
A big perk to the ramboxes as well that has nothing to do with the boxes is the cargo system. Having the rails built in for tie downs is great, as is the cargo divider.