To you Morimoto xb headlight bashers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What dealer did you call? Because at that price I’ll buy a set for a retrofit. And no ones getting bent out of shape just simply calling out false claims.
e948f819a69b18785ae37fee8b09706d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing false about it. You are hurt that someone called out your magical company. Its Bearlake Fiat here in PA. They don't ship parts so you'll have to come pick it up

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nothing false about it. You are hurt that someone called out your magical company. Its Bearlake Fiat here in PA. They don't ship parts so you'll have to come pick it up

Lol of course they don’t

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol of course they don’t

Give them a call I can give you the parts department # they are a rarely small dealership. But I provided all the proof I can. So you stick with your $1300 lights lol while we will stick with reasonable prices

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Give them a call I can give you the parts department # they are a rarely small dealership. But I provided all the proof I can. So you stick with your $1300 lights lol while we will stick with reasonable prices

Nothing unreasonable about them. They’re the only headlamps that have LEDs with output that is actually good. And they already fixed the bugs from the early release housings. And if you can’t front the money for the best looking aftermarket headlights available for the ram then sorry bout ya.

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing unreasonable about them. They’re the only headlamps that have LEDs with output that is actually good. And they already fixed the bugs from the early release housings. And if you can’t front the money for the best looking aftermarket headlights available for the ram then sorry bout ya.

Mine work amazing (probably right next to yours) for under half the price. Best looking is a matter of opinion. Im not bashing just saying

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I can get factory everything for free! Dont ask me how. Okay, I will tell you. You steal it.

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I can get factory everything for free! Dont ask me how. Okay, I will tell you. You steal it.

I tried that the end result wasn’t what I planned though lol [emoji23]

OP
OP
mpress2570

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine work amazing (probably right next to yours) for under half the price. Best looking is a matter of opinion. Im not bashing just saying

Do you have a photo of the beam? It’s not just about how much light they emit. It’s also about how well it is emitted, and the quality of the materials to build them. I made the mistake of buying cheap aftermarket lamps for my charger and after 2 years they were already flaking. Cheap plastic melts, cracks, flakes, etc.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a photo of the beam? It’s not just about how much light they emit. It’s also about how well it is emitted, and the quality of the materials to build them. I made the mistake of buying cheap aftermarket lamps for my charger and after 2 years they were already flaking. Cheap plastic melts, cracks, flakes, etc.

The guy is a local headlight builder it seems like good quality. The man is super but I have Hids. Trust me I know about a ****** beam I bought Ebay headlights for my 2nd gen and I might as well as drove with no headlights lol. I'll get a picture when I get back to my house from my little trip

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why has this turned into a ******* match I feel? I’m personally trying to decide if I go the morimoto route on a 15 but I know leds can’t create what a retro can if I got the tyc projectors to replace my quad setup.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
https://www.moparautopartsdirect.com/oem-parts/mopar-composite-headlamp-68093220ad
Just the first result on a mopar search, certainly not 1000+ a pair, but they can be had cheaper. BUT, if I had to replace factory projectors, I’d go TYC anyway. The projector is better, it’s not slightly frosted, so the cutoff line is sharper, and they can be had for 450 a pair all day long.

I have a pair of TYC projectors, and if I could do it over, I’d get OEM for more money. Cutoff is ok, but the lenses on each are different, which causes a different color output. Also the step in the cutoff is huge, and there is a gap in the light between the steps from the driver and passenger side. The output is also streaky. They actually work better with halogen bulbs (because they’re designed for them), but halogen bulbs with my LED fog lights looks ridiculous. I get plenty of useable light with the HID, but would never buy them again. It so annoying to my ocd mind that I’m actually thinking about either picking up some OEM projectors anyway, or getting something else all together.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m personally thinking of doing a fxr retro with retro shop.