Today at Lone Star Mopar Fest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Dickey’s really? Yuck!!
At least ride around in that beautiful ram till you find some real BBQ in town.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road
Ca. We are BBQ weak. Still miss my trips to TX, and the South for real quality BBQ.

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Ca. We are BBQ weak. Still miss my trips to TX, and the South for real quality BBQ.

I understand. If I knew how to ship food I’d send it to you mail order.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
You will like this. Used to travel to Georgia. The business center there was run by a life long Ga guy. Told him about my BBQ addiction. We went to his parents BBQ restaurant in Rome Ga. Converted water wheel grinding mill. Only open for lunch and would only seat 30 people. No reservations. First come first served. People would line up at 10:00 AM. Unbelievable ribs, pulled pork and brisket. Ruined all my other BBQ experiences.

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
You will like this. Used to travel to Georgia. The business center there was run by a life long Ga guy. Told him about my BBQ addiction. We went to his parents BBQ restaurant in Rome Ga. Converted water wheel grinding mill. Only open for lunch and would only seat 30 people. No reservations. First come first served. People would line up at 10:00 AM. Unbelievable ribs, pulled pork and brisket. Ruined all my other BBQ experiences.

That’s awesome

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Got a prediction for you guys. Turn out at both Tx Ram events will double. The pics say it all. Lets see,,,if I left on Wed I should be able to make it by Friday evening.

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Got a prediction for you guys. Turn out at both Tx Ram events will double. The pics say it all. Lets see,,,if I left on Wed I should be able to make it by Friday evening.

It’d def be worth the drive. I bet you wouldn’t even have to have a motel either... there’s enough members that would have you over stay with them

I’ll be first on the list that you could come stay with.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
McBrooms BBQ was great but so was his homemade sauce, that spicey one was terrific.

Pull ya’s wife is a great cook too, we had breakfast tacos, sausage, cookies all kinda great food

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Texans have all the fun. The group in San Antonio Saturday was a blast My daughter had fun in our luchenbach meet. My son had lots of fun Saturday. So the kids are hooked.

OP
OP
McBroom

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Texans have all the fun. The group in San Antonio Saturday was a blast My daughter had fun in our luchenbach meet. My son had lots of fun Saturday. So the kids are hooked.

It’s always awesome to have future Ram fanatics

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
McBrooms BBQ was great but so was his homemade sauce, that spicey one was terrific.

Pull ya’s wife is a great cook too, we had breakfast tacos, sausage, cookies all kinda great food

Barb said Thank you!!!!! She really enjoyed herself and enjoyed meeting all of you. Once again her Home Economics degree comes in handy.
Jay

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Barb said Thank you!!!!! She really enjoyed herself and enjoyed meeting all of you. Once again her Home Economics degree comes in handy.
Jay

McBroom, PullYa and Barb...thank y’all so much for the great food. Barb those chocolate oatmeal cookies were to die for. It was really great to put faces with the names. PullYa that blue Ram of yours is gorgeous... if you didn’t win first place the judges were blind!!
Netting JB1 and his daughter was great as well as Hoes. Met a few others but I forget their names. It was a great day of fun and some amazing drag racing. Looking forward to next year!!

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
McBroom, PullYa and Barb...thank y’all so much for the great food. Barb those chocolate oatmeal cookies were to die for. It was really great to put faces with the names. PullYa that blue Ram of yours is gorgeous... if you didn’t win first place the judges were blind!!
Netting JB1 and his daughter was great as well as Hoes. Met a few others but I forget their names. It was a great day of fun and some amazing drag racing. Looking forward to next year!!

It was nice meeting everyone as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO--the judging seem a little less than "professional". They didn't look inside the truck, they didn't walk around the truck, they looked at the engine bay and then walked away. I think that JB1 also had to show them different things on his truck(which by the way looked GREAT). It was also just starting to sprinkle a little so I think the judge was in a little bit of a hurry. We have no idea of who won awards. I asked on their web site if there was a list of winners along with pictures of the winning vehicles and have received no answer. The four best thing of the whole day were---the people--the food---the trucks----and the racing!!!!!! Y'all made the day a success--Thanks again for coming!!!!!
Jay

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO--the judging seem a little less than "professional"....

I stayed for the awards. For the trucks 1st and 3rd were still there and received their award. 2nd place was one of us because the announcer specifically mentioned "Ramforum", but I did not catch the name. We might be able to directly ask them who won the 2nd place truck award? I (think) they said "John", but I heard about 30 different names while waiting for the trucks and I could definitely be off on that.

Side note, what's the lift/wheel setup on this truck?

20181013_133452.jpg

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They made us put phone numbers on the form, I hope they would call if you weren't there

That's my truck, 6" BDS lift with Bilstein 6112's at 2.5" additional lift, 5" rear coils on 37x12.50R20 on 20x9 -12mm offset

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bet is was your truck John--I hope so, it would be well deserved!!!!!!
Jay

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They made us put phone numbers on the form, I hope they would call if you weren't there

Honestly, with the impending rain, the awards portion became very disorganized, I wouldn't be surprised if the do not call those who weren't there. They wanted to do a parade for the winners, but they even skipped that and basically stood there and just called out the winners.

That's my truck, 6" BDS lift with Bilstein 6112's at 2.5" additional lift, 5" rear coils on 37x12.50R20 on 20x9 -12mm offset

I remembered you telling me they were 37's, but I forgot to ask about the rest of the stats. Thanks! You have a killer truck!

I bet is was your truck John--I hope so, it would be well deserved!!!!!!
Jay

I'm thinking you are correct. When they said (name) from Ramforums, I was guessing it was his truck as well. I'm following them on Facebook, I can try to contact them there, unless you want to drop them an email/phone call through their contact info on their site? https://www.spacecitylx.com/lsmf-connect.html

LoneStarSilver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was nice meeting everyone as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donutsahoy,
Thanks for responding...I really enjoyed meeting you as well....I just could not remember your name. Sunday I was telling my buddy about your eco-diesel and I think he is going to get one as well. Hope to see you again at one of the meets near your area.