Tonneau cover (RAM Model)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jed Engel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM LIMITED
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
All, I am picking up my new 2019 LIMITED today (12EST)! I am trying to pick out a tonneau cover and could not find anywhere on the forum where anyone had/has purchesed the MOPAR cover:
https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/1500-tonneau-cover-hard-folding-conventional-p-8393.html

Perhaps it is the high price tag $783; maybe there are better options using other brands?

I was also considering the fiberglass ARE cover; (which I had on my 2016 Plat Tundra where the match the paint) but that is a much larger price point of $1200+.

Just curious if anyone has the MOPAR Hard Folding Tonneau cover and their thoughts/perspective on it?

Thanks in advance!
Jed

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’m feeling it’s not the price tag as most of us who have covers have paid more then that. Maybe it’s just lack of interest in it at the time of purchase?

OP
OP
Jed Engel

Jed Engel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM LIMITED
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You said she wasn’t excited, she wanted you to buy a different truck ?

DanBen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I'm too lake with the response since you bought a cover already.

I did a lot of research and decided on the Bakflip MX4 hard trifold which allows you close the tailgate while the cover is locked down without opening the cover first.

But before I bought the Bakflip, I saw a thread that the Mopar hard trifold cover is the same as the MX4. I found the Mopar cover in stock at a local Dodge parts dealer and they were running a special 15% off in stock parts so I picked one up and installed it in about 1/2 hr.

The Mopar hard trifold cover is great. It is secure and weather resistant and looks great. Again, confirmed that you can close the tailgate without lifting the cover.

Mopar #82215227ac (interchangeable with #82215227ab) list price $900.

OP
OP
Jed Engel

Jed Engel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM LIMITED
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT

I did a lot of research and decided on the Bakflip MX4 hard trifold which allows you close the tailgate while the cover is locked down without opening the cover first.

But before I bought the Bakflip, I saw a thread that the Mopar hard trifold cover is the same as the MX4. I found the Mopar cover in stock at a local Dodge parts dealer and they were running a special 15% off in stock parts so I picked one up and installed it in about 1/2 hr.

The Mopar hard trifold cover is great. It is secure and weather resistant and looks great. Again, confirmed that you can close the tailgate without lifting the cover.

Thanks, I also was concerned about being able to open/close the tailgate with the cover in place and this cover I purchased was installed on a Ram in the video and tailgate was opened and closed without any issue (hence why I chose this particular cover).

As for my wife not liking the purchase, well I did just by a new 50k+ new truck shortly over 2 years ago (2016 Tundra Plat) then farkled the heck out of it with a $1200 custom ARE fiberglass cover and tons of other truck stuff... So when I was looking at the RAM her sentiments were well here we go again another money pit you will have for 2 years... So it is not that she dislikes the RAM there is just a whole lot more behind that story... Anyway she DID say it was 10X smoother than the tundra and nicer to ride in... 2 points RAM!

Thanks again for the feedback!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well yes lol upon hearing that I can fully understand what she’s saying.

OP
OP
Jed Engel

Jed Engel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM LIMITED
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT

Thanks for the advice on this; after talking with the dealer they can get me the MOPAR Tonneau cover for a substantial savings; so I have cancelled the original order and plan to order the one directly from dealer.

UPDATE: My dealer called me BACK and said they cannot give me anything AT COST and I had to reorder the original cover from location above. Freaking highway robbery at these dealers.... Gracious!

Thanks,
Jed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jed Engel

Jed Engel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM LIMITED
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Tonneau cover arrived in 2 days which was amazing! Unfortunately, it was/is damaged which sucks.... Oh well will call store tomorrow.

20181128_181436_resized.jpg

20181128_182112_resized.jpg