Tonneau Cover - Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Folks - i/m just a few short weeks away from my 2500 arrival and I can hardly stand it. Regardless of how gitty I am right now, I am very torn on what to do for a Tonneau cover. First, let me say I’m not just posting a blind ”tell me what to do” sort of thread here. I’ve done a lot of research and I’ve narrowed it down to two choices.

1) Diamondback Covers: Initial impression was a solid build, leaning towards the HD version with the front and back opening style. I like the fact I can place up to 1600 lbs on top of the cover, but dislike the fact if I need to take it off, it is a bit more of a chore. I have watched a lot of 6mo and 1-year videos with the general feeling that most people like this cover for how they use it.

1.1) Renegade is likely the only cover that can beat the Diamondback cover but it has a year lead time. Nope - I am done waiting for ****. I have waited long enough for the truck ha.

2) Peragon: this one was attractive for a few reasons. One, it is lightweight and can be easily removed. Like the Diamond cover, although I did not mention it, it has good water sealing characteristics to keep contents as dry as possible. My concern with this cover is when folding, I can see it interfering with bed contents etc, and you can't put stuff on top of it.

I'm for sure leaning toward the Diamondback HD cover, with the semi-smooth black finish. Basically, it looks like bed lining material. Do you have any thoughts? If you had to choose a Tonneau cover all over again, what would you purchase and why?

Thanks again for the replies in advance.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Folks - i/m just a few short weeks away from my 2500 arrival and I can hardly stand it. Regardless of how gitty I am right now, I am very torn on what to do for a Tonneau cover. First, let me say I’m not just posting a blind ”tell me what to do” sort of thread here. I’ve done a lot of research and I’ve narrowed it down to two choices.

1) Diamondback Covers: Initial impression was a solid build, leaning towards the HD version with the front and back opening style. I like the fact I can place up to 1600 lbs on top of the cover, but dislike the fact if I need to take it off, it is a bit more of a chore. I have watched a lot of 6mo and 1-year videos with the general feeling that most people like this cover for how they use it.

1.1) Renegade is likely the only cover that can beat the Diamondback cover but it has a year lead time. Nope - I am done waiting for ****. I have waited long enough for the truck ha.

2) Peragon: this one was attractive for a few reasons. One, it is lightweight and can be easily removed. Like the Diamond cover, although I did not mention it, it has good water sealing characteristics to keep contents as dry as possible. My concern with this cover is when folding, I can see it interfering with bed contents etc, and you can't put stuff on top of it.

I'm for sure leaning toward the Diamondback HD cover, with the semi-smooth black finish. Basically, it looks like bed lining material. Do you have any thoughts? If you had to choose a Tonneau cover all over again, what would you purchase and why?

Thanks again for the replies in advance.
I've got a bakflip mx4 and love it, very durable, looks awesome plus the company stands by there 4 or 5 year warranty. I would 100% buy one all over again if need be

OP
OP
KoboldTaco

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I've got a bakflip mx4 and love it, very durable, looks awesome plus the company stands by there 4 or 5 year warranty. I would 100% buy one all over again if need be
Thanks - I will have a look.

DOlds

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Bakflip X4s. I love it.

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Bakflip X4s. I love it.

I have the previous version of the X4 and love it as well.

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you haul a lot of stuff and are apt to put stuff on top then go with the Diamondback. It sounds like you like this one.