Tonneau Cover & sprayed on bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I see your point but let me ask you…If I have a topper and my bed was spotless when I install my DualLiner, how would it get dirty and why would I pull up the mat to check? I’m a lifetime truck owner, always used a bed mat with topper. My Taco bed was perfect after 5.5 years, 3 of those without a topper. A spray in seems a silly waste of finances considering.
Not everyone uses their bed like you... some actually do use their beds to haul stuff, dirt, gravel, will take off the topper to move furniture ...

DualLiners are almost $500 but have seen them for around $460 from dualliners website ....I only payed $183 for the whole kit to do my bed, bumpers, fender flares and grille .... how is that a "silly waste of finances considering" according to you? Please elaborate .... lol

slisk250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not everyone uses their bed like you... some actually do use their beds to haul stuff, dirt, gravel, will take off the topper to move furniture ...

DualLiners are almost $500 but have seen them for around $460 from dualliners website ....I only payed $183 for the whole kit to do my bed, bumpers, fender flares and grille .... how is that a "silly waste of finances considering" according to you? Please elaborate .... lol
You said it yourself, I use my truck differently. I haul junk in trailers, top never comes off. The spray on products you sell would be well served on my slippery ATV trailer, probably way better than the strips I stuck on!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
You said it yourself, I use my truck differently. I haul junk in trailers, top never comes off. The spray on products you sell would be well served on my slippery ATV trailer, probably way better than the strips I stuck on!
What spray on products do I sell ? lol ..when did I say that I sell them ?

And you still didn't explain the "silly waste of finances considering" remark ...lol ....

slisk250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

And you still didn't explain the "silly waste of finances considering" remark ...lol ....
Pardon me. Thought you were in the truck accessory business, my mistake. I’ll clarify my statement. Considering how I use my truck, cap stays on, I haul with trailers, spending money to put a spray in liner under my DualLiner is “a silly waste of finances considering.”

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Pardon me. Thought you were in the truck accessory business, my mistake. I’ll clarify my statement. Considering how I use my truck, cap stays on, I haul with trailers, spending money to put a spray in liner under my DualLiner is “a silly waste of finances considering.”
That makes sense to a point, but "I" personally still like the fact that the bedliner is actually protecting and minimizing the risk of any oxidation, rust, damage to the bed .... either way, it works for you and that is all that matters ....

Noob2Trucks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the lomax trifold tonneau cover and it works great. I was worried about leaks, but so far, nothing. I also have the full bedrug, which I love. I don't haul any gravel or dirt though, so you may want to consider that. You can spray it out with a pressure washer though and when you have to climb in there it's much nicer.

Boxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6; Etorque , 4x4 crew cab, Night Edition
May not be apples to apples, but I have a Snug Top fiberglass cover. It does take 2 people to remove, but it is very secure . I don't worry about someone trying to break in to it when traveling and parking at motels, etc.
My current one is about 9 years old and looks like new. This is 3rd truck I've had them installed on.
Also if you don't have a locking tailgate, these tops cover top back of tailgate by about one inch. When top is locked, tailgate cannot be opened. Also color matched to truck. My truck is white and I didn't want the black covers.

steveTS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500
Engine
cummins Diesel

Car dealerships are moving away from spray on liners and are now contracting out the work to be done at local truck improvement shops. It’s way too messy and they’re more set up for the mess that it creates than a dealership is willing to have not to mention a dealership will charge twice as much. Having said that if you go online and do some research you will find that spray on liners coming from an aerosol can are horribly inefficient go on uneven, and can make an absolute mess of your truck if you don’t know what you’re doing.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Car dealerships are moving away from spray on liners and are now contracting out the work to be done at local truck improvement shops. It’s way too messy and they’re more set up for the mess that it creates than a dealership is willing to have not to mention a dealership will charge twice as much. Having said that if you go online and do some research you will find that spray on liners coming from an aerosol can are horribly inefficient go on uneven, and can make an absolute mess of your truck if you don’t know what you’re doing.
I have sprayed a few truck beds already and haven't had a problem .... I don't use the aerosol can, I use the liter bottles that you have to mix the hardener with and you spray it with a Schutz spray gun that the kit comes with ....

Where did you see my say I used the aerosol spray one on my bed, bumpers, grille and fender flares?

WFO2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
good info thank. I'm looking at the Lomax or the Diamond back SE . Not to much experience with spray in liners . Considering Line-X or Rhino Liner .Just bought side steps to day and the Lomax they had on display look sharp .