Tonneau Cover & sprayed on bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastlife509

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Line-X spray in bedliner on my 21, 1500 Big Horn. For the bed cover I went with the Bak revolver X4S. I'm still waiting on my cover to arrive it's been on backorder for the past 2 months.

fastlife509

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there really anything that is "secure" in today's world? lol I'm wanting more security than weather protection & looks. I do have a local truck shop near me but I think they are geared more for the Ken & Barbie truck owners. Plus I don't want to go in completely ignorant and they sell me something that I don't need or really want. (bad past experience). I never thought about the tri fold blocking my back window so thank you for informing of that. I'm like you I can't stand rattling it would drive me nuts. I will definitely do some research online w/ the info everyone has given me. I'm pretty sure I'm going with the line x spray liner. Which one did you get? The regular or the premium?
I went with the premium line x. Sofar, so good.

Tahoebronco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've already bought the BakFlip MX4 & had Bullet spray line my bed. :(
I'm sorry I didn't see your original post earlier so that I could have replied earlier. I understand though, that BedRug has an option even if you have a spray in-liner. I love how I can crawl into the back of the bed and not have pain on my very knobby knees because of the built-in cushening of the BedRug. I have camped in the back of my truck and didn't need to use a separate mattress because the BedRug was flat and cushened.

BTW- congratulations on the purchase of your Ram. I love mine!

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got a spray in liner last Thursday. Not sure what they used. Got it done at universal bed liners in mesa az. Has lifetime warranty.20220113_112214.jpg20220113_112156.jpg

rzims

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have the LineX in my 2019 and love it. Although I did add a rubber bed mat so it was more comfortable climbing up in there.
Also installed the Tygar tri-fold bedcover. Protection from the rain and although its not really secure, hopefully it keeps stuff out of sight as a deterrent.

Attachments

• KIMG1110.jpeg
    KIMG1110.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
Stylie

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm sorry I didn't see your original post earlier so that I could have replied earlier. I understand though, that BedRug has an option even if you have a spray in-liner. I love how I can crawl into the back of the bed and not have pain on my very knobby knees because of the built-in cushening of the BedRug. I have camped in the back of my truck and didn't need to use a separate mattress because the BedRug was flat and cushened.

BTW- congratulations on the purchase of your Ram. I love mine!
OH!!! that would be nice on my knees as I also have knobby knees. I will have to look into getting one because it really hurts to crawl on my bed. Thank you. I find myself finding reasons to run errands. lol

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anybody happen to have a rollnlock m series and know what the shipping weight is. Trying to decide if I should get the heavy spring kit for my truck in the rear from Carli, but says must carry 500lbs to maintain ride quality. Spray in liner is 40ish. Thinking the cover is easy 200lbs so half way there, but not sure. I carry easily 500lbs of gear in the back for work, but worried when it's empty the ride will be too rough.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody happen to have a rollnlock m series and know what the shipping weight is. Trying to decide if I should get the heavy spring kit for my truck in the rear from Carli, but says must carry 500lbs to maintain ride quality. Spray in liner is 40ish. Thinking the cover is easy 200lbs so half way there, but not sure. I carry easily 500lbs of gear in the back for work, but worried when it's empty the ride will be too rough.
Our shipping notes on the M say it is 100lbs.

Reactions: BWL

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Retrax PowertraxPro MX tonneau, Bedrug and factory spray-in liner. Works well for us since with the higher truck and Ramboxes it's a lot harder to reach the handle of a manual one, pushing a button is where it's at!

slisk250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hate spray ins…sandpaper bottoms shred hard case suitcases and such. I swear by the DualLiner. It’s a solid fit, the rubber bed pad fits perfectly with the sidewalls. It also drains surprisingly well. I get a topper soon so that point is moot.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Hate spray ins…sandpaper bottoms shred hard case suitcases and such. I swear by the DualLiner. It’s a solid fit, the rubber bed pad fits perfectly with the sidewalls. It also drains surprisingly well. I get a topper soon so that point is moot.
No way would I ever consider a DualLiner ... just as bad as the drop in ones from factory, too much water gets trapped in there and is doing nothing to protect against rust, in fact you are increasing the chances of rust because of all the trapped water down there ....

I just detailed a Ford Raptor with a DualLiner, 7 months old and it was already showing oxidation from the DualLiner it has, I showed the owner what it looked and he is going to get it sprayed ... I'm actually probably going to be doing it for him as soon as he puts together the money for it ....

steveTS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500
Engine
cummins Diesel
Hello just asking for opinions about tonneau covers or spray on bed liners. Positives & negatives for each one. And what brand is the best, best for the money?
My first truck (1500) had a really good spay on liner professionally done and while it was pretty damned ruff it was nice to have so as to not show dust & dirt. I had a tonneau roll up (not mechanical roll up) it was simple and soft and did what it was designed to do, keep the bed clean. Its inexpensive and looked great and can be rolled into a 6 inch log. I wasn't in and out of bed much so it served my purposes. My new 2500 has same set up! Love it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
My first truck (1500) had a really good spay on liner professionally done and while it was pretty damned ruff it was nice to have so as to not show dust & dirt. I had a tonneau roll up (not mechanical roll up) it was simple and soft and did what it was designed to do, keep the bed clean. Its inexpensive and looked great and can be rolled into a 6 inch log. I wasn't in and out of bed much so it served my purposes. My new 2500 has same set up! Love it.
I love mine, I did it myself with raptor bedliner and just added the gator cover .... can't go wrong with spray on bedliners ...

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4- 3:73- 6 Speed
I honestly don't care for the quality of Bak Industries tri-fold covers but loved having a bed cover. My new to me Ram sits too high for a tri-fold (and it's completely stock). I'm 6' and it would be hard for me reach the middle section latch to fold it back. I'm looking at a cover that rolls back. Want a hard cover. Soft covers are too easy to cut open.

slisk250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No way would I ever consider a DualLiner ... just as bad as the drop in ones from factory, too much water gets trapped in there and is doing nothing to protect against rust, in fact you are increasing the chances of rust because of all the trapped water down there ....

I just detailed a Ford Raptor with a DualLiner, 7 months old and it was already showing oxidation from the DualLiner it has, I showed the owner what it looked and he is going to get it sprayed ... I'm actually probably going to be doing it for him as soon as he puts together the money for it ....
No rust. I use toppers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
No rust. I use toppers
Even with toppers, if you got that bed dirty you would have to remove everything to clean underneath, debris still gets under there and water will too eventually ..... with the spray on you can add a rubber mat over it and you get the protection to both your bed and your valuables like the suit cases and such ...but hey if it works for you that is all that matters ....

slisk250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even with toppers, if you got that bed dirty you would have to remove everything to clean underneath, debris still gets under there and water will too eventually ..... with the spray on you can add a rubber mat over it and you get the protection to both your bed and your valuables like the suit cases and such ...but hey if it works for you that is all that matters ....
I see your point but let me ask you…If I have a topper and my bed was spotless when I install my DualLiner, how would it get dirty and why would I pull up the mat to check? I’m a lifetime truck owner, always used a bed mat with topper. My Taco bed was perfect after 5.5 years, 3 of those without a topper. A spray in seems a silly waste of finances considering.