Tool Bag That Will Fit in Floor Storage Compartment? - 2021 Ram Laramie 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
I have a small but pretty complete tool kit that I kept in the spare tire well of our Charger Scat Pack since it didn't come with a spare tire. I'd like to put those tools in one of the floor storage compartments in our new 2021 Ram Laramie 1500. But the little blue Harbor Freight tool bag will not fit. Does anyone know of a tool bag or tool box that will fit in these little oddly shaped compartments?

1625702572017.png

Last edited:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Might not be what you want, but I just line mine with one of those re-useable cloth grocery bags. Not like they get used a lot and it's enough to keep the bins clean and pack them out in one grab. Plus they only cost a dollar

Last edited:

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
My tool bag lives under the rear seat now as those bins are oddly shaped. In those bins, I keep ratchet straps, bungee cords, jumper cables and similar items.

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
My tool bag lives under the rear seat now as those bins are oddly shaped. In those bins, I keep ratchet straps, bungee cords, jumper cables and similar items.

That's where my tool bag is right now. But I suspect that space below the back seat is going to be prime territory for all my sweetie's swag (jacket, sweeter, umbrella, feminine stuff, etc.).

The only real reason I need this tool bag is because this will be the vehicle we use when we are together. And there's always the chance we will end up in a situation where I need a bag of tools. It all started after we found a metal patio rocking chair on sale at Ollie's in Hot Springs, Arkansas. But we were in the Charger Scat Pack. So I had to buy some tool to dissemble it and try to get all the pieces in the trunk of the Scat Pack. It took about an hour because I didn't have the right stuff. I was loosening torx bolts with a cheap pair of pliers. :confused:

But with the tool bag in the spare wheel well, I was recently able to scavenge a starter and updraft carburetor off of a junked antique Wisconsin engine we came across. That stuff is hard to come by but fits my geotechnical/environmental core drilling machine.

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
Might not be what you want, but I just line mine with one of those re-useable cloth grocery bags. Not like they get used a lot and it's enough to keep the bins clean and pack them out in one grab. Plus they only cost a dollar

Great idea! That may end up as my fallback choice.

RamBag01.jpg

Reactions: BWL

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
My wife keeps a jacket in the truck but I've never seen her keep feminine gear in any vehicle we've owned over the years.

OP
OP
HandyCruiser

HandyCruiser

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi (no e-Torque)
My wife keeps a jacket in the truck but I've never seen her keep feminine gear in any vehicle we've owned over the years.

After 40 years of traveling with me (from the time she was 14 years old), she's learn to come prepared for anything. :cool: