Tool box (Rambox / hard tonneau cover)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peeceejay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a million in-bed tool box options out there - and from what I can tell, only one that it designed for trucks with Rambox setups (link)

It doesn't look like this would work for a truck with both a Rambox *and* a hard tonneau cover, as the cover is already using the rails the toolbox seems to need.

Has anyone got, or seen any neat ways to add a toolbox to their truck bed, with this particular configuration?

1jjsd1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
have you checked out a decked toolbox system

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Don't forget to check out some of the Forum's Preferred Vendors, they may be able to help.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
There are a million in-bed tool box options out there - and from what I can tell, only one that it designed for trucks with Rambox setups (link)

It doesn't look like this would work for a truck with both a Rambox *and* a hard tonneau cover, as the cover is already using the rails the toolbox seems to need.

Has anyone got, or seen any neat ways to add a toolbox to their truck bed, with this particular configuration?
I'm not sure the one in your link is actually for the rambox bed. It looks more to me like the name of the toolbox on that website is "RamBox Sliding Toolbox". There is no mention of rambox in the fitment section. When I search on that part number on the BAM Wholesale website it's just called "Ram 1500 Toolbox".

Personally I just use the ramboxes for the things I would normally store in an in-bed toolbox. I'm guessing you want to store more than will fit in them?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You lose a bit of depth with this setup, but width wise it may fit in a Ram Box bed

1629233453917.png

1629233547000.png

1629233618955.png

1629233711225.png

scott71rn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want those racks that are mounted in the RAMBOX interior bed rails. Where can I find those or anything similar?

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
While not for everyone this was my solution. I have the Retrax PowerTrax tonneau and Ramboxes so I need all the bed space I can get but wanted to carry tools as we travel with our trailer a lot. I found these Rigid boxes that with a reconfig of the drain tubes would fit nicely and not stick out past the Retrax can. I cut out the Bedrug so they sit in a pocket and don't slide out. Surprisingly they hold a lot.

toolboxes.jpg