Tools !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
It is always nice having the right tool for the job.
On my car I had to change the speakers.
The door panels are pop in not screwed in ! !
I do have trim tools but the clip pliers tool looked like a good idea .And not a every day tool so cheap sounded good lol
For a cheap HF tool seems well made and it works ! and for 9$ not out much.
I was also told it can help remove trim molding in the house !
FYI it is a good idea to file down the edges of the tool as it is not real smooth and could scratch paint !
So far that is my only complaint about it !
And yes the bar type tools work but a good excuse to ad more tools to the tool box lol

What tools do you have and said I should have got them sooner ? lol

Last edited:

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Looks handy. Doesn't break many clips? I've got a Jeep TJ for my daughter and have invested in a bag of clips as they break a few everytime I've had to take the panel off even with plastic panel tool use. Hoping never again, but this might help. Thanks for sharing.

REDinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew
Engine
5.7 2wd 3.92
it can be the simplest of things....this little rolling stool my wife got me one year has turned out to be one of the biggest quality of life additions to my home garage/shop gear. it's got a metal tray underneath that I can always have my cordless sitting in.
20230323_222943.jpg

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Looks handy. Doesn't break many clips? I've got a Jeep TJ for my daughter and have invested in a bag of clips as they break a few everytime I've had to take the panel off even with plastic panel tool use. Hoping never again, but this might help. Thanks for sharing.
They work pretty dood, I got them because they were 9$ and if they were junk I would only be out the 9$ lol
I used them on my Chevy HHR to install speakers and my son's HHR for a door handle ! So they worked fine on those cars..
The trick is getting the panel wedged and if you can look between the door and panel to see the clip and put the plier s between the clip top and bottom !
I also have back up clips lol.

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
it can be the simplest of things....this little rolling stool my wife got me one year has turned out to be one of the biggest quality of life additions to my home garage/shop gear. it's got a metal tray underneath that I can always have my cordless sitting in.
View attachment 517150
I've got that same stool in my garage...love it.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
yea the simple tool's that you think are a waste of $$$ till you use them lol

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is always nice having the right tool for the job.
On my car I had to change the speakers.
The door panels are pop in not screwed in ! !
I do have trim tools but the clip pliers tool looked like a good idea .And not a every day tool so cheap sounded good lol
For a cheap HF tool seems well made and it works ! and for 9$ not out much.
I was also told it can help remove trim molding in the house !
FYI it is a good idea to file down the edges of the tool as it is not real smooth and could scratch paint !
So far that is my only complaint about it !
And yes the bar type tools work but a good excuse to ad more tools to the tool box lol

What tools do you have and said I should have got them sooner ? lol

Those can also be used to help remove small hoses under hood and to remove some windshield wiper arms. I've had my pair of those for about 40 years! :)

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Tool for spring clamps. Didn’t get this exact one, but similar.

View attachment 517157
If you're going to work on hoses on the majority of newer vehicles those hose clamp pliars are a god send. The only way you're going to remove the hoses on the thermal management unit on the side of the 8 speed transmission is with a set of those pliars.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Those can also be used to help remove small hoses under hood and to remove some windshield wiper arms. I've had my pair of those for about 40 years! :)
GREAT to know Thanks

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I do some work on old carriages and wagons......gotta have my draw knife.....spokeshave.....oscilating sander.....band saw and tons of wood clamps.
WOW A Draw Knife have not seen one for years, My Father was a Carpenter in had a couple ! Love the pictures of the carriages you do :)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
LOL o_O

How about a Hair Net ?

Have you ever been under your vehicle, moving around on your Roller ?
Just about to lift a driveshaft into place & you realize that you can't move your head, because the roller wheel is holding your hair down.
It is more comfortable for me to work under the vehicle when i just use a big cardboard box.
One time, i had my buddy cut my hair, because i could not figure out how to move :(

I have so much hair, no one would ever notice
I have not caught my beard in a roller yet :)

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL o_O

How about a Hair Net ?

Have you ever been under your vehicle, moving around on your Roller ?
Just about to lift a driveshaft into place & you realize that you can't move your head, because the roller wheel is holding your hair down.
It is more comfortable for me to work under the vehicle when i just use a big cardboard box.
One time, i had my buddy cut my hair, because i could not figure out how to move :(

I have so much hair, no one would ever notice
I have not caught my beard in a roller yet :)

That sounds like a great idea for those that are challenged in that way. :D

I ditched my earing and hippy hair in the 80s after meeting with a bunch of suits at work. :cool:

Although I only chop it about 2 or 3 times per year now, it still wouldn't get caught under the creeper. LOL

Last edited: