Tools !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
LOL o_O

How about a Hair Net ?

Have you ever been under your vehicle, moving around on your Roller ?
Just about to lift a driveshaft into place & you realize that you can't move your head, because the roller wheel is holding your hair down.
It is more comfortable for me to work under the vehicle when i just use a big cardboard box.
One time, i had my buddy cut my hair, because i could not figure out how to move :(

I have so much hair, no one would ever notice
I have not caught my beard in a roller yet :)
Not applicable for me. I probably have more hair on my face and my rear end than my head. :emotions33:

Jerrybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
WOW A Draw Knife have not seen one for years, My Father was a Carpenter in had a couple ! Love the pictures of the carriages you do :)
Thanks Rado.....I have used a very old draw knife (probably from 1930s) on wagon spokes..hubs and felloes.....handy tool and very sharp! Here's some pics to enjoy! This is a late 19th century jogging cart made by a company called Fitzs out of Long Island NY. First pic is body being reinstalled on running gear after some major conservation work, Second pic is buggy being taken out of shop.

Attachments

• Fitz 1.jpg
    Fitz 1.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 12
  • fitz 2.jpg
    fitz 2.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 12

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is a good find,it's far cheaper then the gear wrench version.If i didn't already have a couple of the gear wrench versions i'd be jumping on that.
I bought mine last November and was able to locate it using my ordered list.

The odd thing, when I searched for it by name at Amazon.ca , it didn't show up but the more expensive one did.

It's kind of like Amazon is using manipulation to have you buy the Gear Wrench version for more $.

How bizarre this world has become. :oops:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I bought mine last November and was able to locate it using my ordered list.

The odd thing, when I searched for it by name at Amazon.ca , it didn't show up but the more expensive one did.

It's kind of like Amazon is using manipulation to have you buy the Gear Wrench version for more $.

How bizarre this world has become. :oops:

I think Canuck Amazon operates alot like Trudeau at times,lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
RamDiver just reminded me,a mechanics stethascope is a handy addition to any home mechanics toolbox

A remote starter switch is another addition that makes working on an engine easier to.You can pull the starter relay and jump it with the remote starter switch,to bump the engine over to do a compression test with-out it trying to start,and check all sorts of things like rocker arm movement if you suspect a bad lifter or cam lobe etc.
You can easily make one,or if that's not your thing you can buy one.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think Canuck Amazon operates alot like Trudeau at times,lol

I despise Tr... A dot ca and used to often buy from A dot com and have it shipped to my NY address, only about 30 minutes away.

Our former Newfy Premier fixed Trudy's border BS, still waiting for one of the 14 Biden puppets to fix that side of the border.
:crazy:

Don't get me started.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
RamDiver just reminded me,a mechanics stethascope is a handy addition to any home mechanics toolbox

A remote starter switch is another addition that makes working on an engine easier to.You can pull the starter relay and jump it with the remote starter switch,to bump the engine over to do a compression test with-out it trying to start,and check all sorts of things like rocker arm movement if you suspect a bad lifter or cam lobe etc.
You can easily make one,or if that's not your thing you can buy one.

A stethoscope is fantastic for noises in the furnace, duct noises, plumbing, and as I mentioned earlier, for working on anything with bearings or internal moving parts .

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
LOL o_O

How about a Hair Net ?

Have you ever been under your vehicle, moving around on your Roller ?
Just about to lift a driveshaft into place & you realize that you can't move your head, because the roller wheel is holding your hair down.
It is more comfortable for me to work under the vehicle when i just use a big cardboard box.
One time, i had my buddy cut my hair, because i could not figure out how to move :(

I have so much hair, no one would ever notice
I have not caught my beard in a roller yet :)

Once I hit 15 or so, went short haired, and never looked back.
Never got a tattoo either. Uncle owned a Parlor and we could get anything and everything, free.
Little Brother had them, from his ears, to his toe nails.
None for me, thanks.

Always been the only guy, without long hair and ink.

As we all aged, those that lived and stayed 'Free', shortened their hair, mostly.
But the ink, while faded, stayed, so still the only one with short hair and no ink.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're gonna change the rear shocks on your 4th Gen someday...
View attachment 517236
for the space issue regarding the shock's top bolt, a 21mm wrench cut dow to a nub.
I did that too and used it once, then put these on:

REDinAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew
Engine
5.7 2wd 3.92
I did that too and used it once, then put these on:
yea, ya know bud I was debating the option of getting that kit too. either way, you don't have some kinda "tool" requirement already figured out, you ain't ever getting the bolt removed/reinstalled. I'm SO glad I knew ahead of time that thing was 100% gonna be needed.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
inexpensive flux core welder.next up will be a cheap plasma cutter.no,i'm not a pro welder or a metal worker,but being retired and doing jobs around the house they've become very handy.for some strange reason i've also built up quite a collection of jacks as well.electric grease gun,and bolt extractors.i have a crap ton of yard equipment,6 boats, 3 cars ,a side by side and an atv,that's a lot of greasing.i should also add an oil extractor.that has made a world of difference when it comes to doing outboard and atv oil changes.

Last edited: