Top Tier Detergent Gasoline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Actually, there are people that doubt the benefits.
I don't doubt them .... I have a 1993 Corolla that I have always filled it with Mobil for like 2 years and I switched to Chevron because I filled up with it one time and my car just ran better ... I know use Shell on the Corolla and it loves Shell, I used Arco 91 on it one time and damn I honestly thought my Corolla was done! lol ...

So I wonder how Shell compares to Chevron ... thoughts ?

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
There are Shells all over the place out here, there are maybe 5 Shell stations and another 5 mobile and chevron.

Do you like Shell over Mobile or Chevron if you ever used Chevron? I have been told Shell is better than Chevron?

I buy the highest Top Tier available, which at one time was Shell. Have not seen a recent study of the Top Tier brands.
We don't have Mobil or Chevron here anyway. Other Top Tier here are Costco, Holiday, Kwik Trip.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Bp dropped their "invigorate" package? Well i wont be going to amoco anymore either.

Edit: i just checked thanks. Ill be only going to mobil or holiday or shell in my area now.

Don't know if Invigorate was BP's Top Tier additive pack, but they are no longer on Top Tier list and their pumps are no longer labeled. I googled it.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Hmmm ... I haven't used anything but Chevron 89 on my truck since I got it ... I might try Shell next time I fill up to see how it behaves but fill up 2 times to get all the chevron out ... I don't know if it will make a difference but only reason I ask was because someone suggested that the Shell pumps don't click off when trying to fill up ram 1500 trucks with the gas pump clicking issue lol ...

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Hmmm ... I haven't used anything but Chevron 89 on my truck since I got it ... I might try Shell next time I fill up to see how it behaves but fill up 2 times to get all the chevron out ... I don't know if it will make a difference but only reason I ask was because someone suggested that the Shell pumps don't click off when trying to fill up ram 1500 trucks with the gas pump clicking issue lol ...

You got vapor recovery nozzles out there, yah? They finicky. We don't got those in midwest U.S.