Torsion Bar Adjustment 2005 Dodge Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,
Checking to see if anyone knows the amounts of turns on the torsion bar keys to get the front up to 2”s of lift?
The reason I’m asking is I bought this 2005 with the TB keys already at 2”s and I replaced the whole front end. When I removed the keys, I marked on the keys/lower control arms and removed. I replaced and it doesn’t seem as though the front is even. I measured both sides and they are not even. Now, I didn’t measure before, however I replaced both front shocks with the same part numbers that came off (2” Rancho levelling shocks). So now I want to back the keys right out and start from scratch. Just checking if anyone knows how much lift is given per turn on the bolts.
Thanks for any input!

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
take a measurement from the center of the hub/wheel to the bottom of the fender on both sides while truck is sitting flat and level. Next jack up the front until both tires are hanging completely free and suspension is at full droop. Back keys all the way out and start from scratch turning both the same amount of turns each time, keep setting the truck back down level till the amount of height you want is achieved. Keep measuring and counting. Then get an alignment and make a dentist appointment you will need both very soon.

Later2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it already had 2" lift keys installed? Regardless, just crank the side that needs adjustment until both side are at the same height as you want. Turning them both the same amount of turns may not get you what you want, even. Things can be different from side to side. How much do you weigh?

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck doesn’t have 2” lift keys, they stock. The front has 2” shocks and the keys where already adjusted for 2”S before I changed the whole front end. I’ll get the front settled once I’m done with the rocker panels and cab corners. Thanks guys. And I’ll use what has been suggested here.