Totalled or nah?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL009522

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
#SHE ran a red light, hit me on the passenger side, I did a 180 and that's about it.

#HER Insurance should be able to cover the damages assuming my truck isn't totalled correct?

20190803_134908.jpg

20190803_133729.jpg

20190803_134801.jpg

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
It's Totaled.

Start figuring out what its worth.
Talk with your insurance company in case hers tries to be stupid about it.
your insurance knows they can recoup from hers and will more generous.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yeah, that's totalled alright. i learned the hard way when I had Wawanesa Insurance for a brief period of time how insurers really work. I only used Wawanesa because I was able to get insurance on matter of fact, a 2004 Ram I bought on a weekend and I was anxious to get it insured. I can't remember what it was called but there were 2 options, one I thought outrageously expensive compared to my usual insurer and one much more reasonable. I said what's the difference? the broker said if you go with the cheaper version your still insured but Wawanesa won't fight for you with the other parties insurer if they get in an accident with you. i thought, what's the chance? i'll stick with this insurer for a year then add it to my other insurance when it runs out. 2 months later an ****** tbones the ram. no axle damage like yours..about the same amount of body damage. 10,000 canadian in damage to a truck I paid 4000 for at the time so yeah, a write off. So I call my broker and say here's what happened. she said I will advise you what to do but as it his fault, don't bother calling your insurance to report it. they won't do a thing. so yeah basically i dealt with his insurance company myself with no assistance from my insurer. fortunately, the settlement was more than fair (i got 5500 dollars). But, could have been a fight I was ill prepared or experienced to go through.

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
if frame isnt bent then not totaled, looks more like rear end u bolts broke loose and pulled drive shaft out when rear end slid back ,,if frame is not damaged it can be easily fixed ,,of course you need to look under the truck ,,may only need leaf springs an mounts replaced and body work,,of course depends on value from insurance co . as far as what they consider totaled

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
doors alone will be a fortune unless they can get them cheap from wreckers, all panels on that side are probably damaged to varying degrees. i say totalled all day long:)

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I'll agree with the others mainly because the truck is 16 years old. Trucks do hold their value well and generally aren't totaled as often, however I'm thinking the simple labor costs alone will be pretty substantial. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

:beatdeadhorse5:

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its a gonna and they might let you keep it get all your bills for any aftermarket stuff you installed and maybe some from your buddies. Had a 04 crew cab 8 ft bed miss driving it. Hope it all works out in your favor brother good luck:patriot:

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
#SHE ran a red light, hit me on the passenger side, I did a 180 and that's about it.

#HER Insurance should be able to cover the damages assuming my truck isn't totaled correct?

View attachment 175568

View attachment 175569

View attachment 175570
Maybe if it works out they let you keep it ,you can do most of the repairs yourself if a wrench guy. The damage don't look that bad but they will total it and like I said maybe let you keep it. I had a Jeep wrangler and it was totaled and they let me keep it, maid some money on it reselling it. get some used doors and any work you cant do ,body shop it

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
in canada anyway, there's the option to keep it one way or the other, you just get a lower payout from insurance. but if it has mechanical or frame damage, it has to be recertified and everything has to be basically perfect. which has proven to be more of a headache than its worth for some. you can run into having to fix things you never had planned to put money into.

Ramaniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500, Laramie
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Doesn’t look that bad but I’m pretty sure it has a bent frame. You wouldn’t want them to fix that. Too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bloody_Knuckles

USN 81-86
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Generally, if the repair costs are more than 70% of the replacement value, it's considered totaled. But her insurance will try to low ball you. Do your research and find out what a comparable truck sells for in your area. You might want to purchase it back from the insurance company for the salvage price if you want the parts.

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That sucks... but probably repair cost out weight the sale value...:mad::33: