Tow/haul trailing braking info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
No you set it to where the system gives you the braking performance you want. My trailer is old and the brake magnets are not as strong as they were when new, so I use heavy electric and 9 on the gain setting and my rig stops very well. Its almost seamless how well the system applies my trailer brakes. It feels good to me so that's where I run it.

Yours may be different. If your rig is newer you can probably use light electric and have similar performance. I've been towing trailers and tts now for over 25 years so I know the type of trailer brake feel I want.

Typically you set the gain by doing maybe 15-20 mph and use the manual slider control and increase gain until the trailer brakes just lock up under full application and then back it off a notch.

Good luck

I had to keep increasing the gain on my control after two years and 25000 miles on the trailer. Finally I jacked it up and adjusted the brakes and WOW, had to back the gain way off. Might give it a try.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I had to keep increasing the gain on my control after two years and 25000 miles on the trailer. Finally I jacked it up and adjusted the brakes and WOW, had to back the gain way off. Might give it a try.

Yeah they are in proper adjustment. It's not that unfortunately. But good thought

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock