Tow Mirror Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfviperman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Easy job ... I went the other way on my 2011 Laramie Crew ... tow mirrors off, regular mirrors on ...

ChesterJack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
On my 1500 I added the slip on tow mirrors and they worked fine but the factory installed tow mirrors on my 2500 are by far the best and if it will not break the bank I would strongly suggest adding them.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
When I bought my heavy duty diesel truck it had standard mirrors. I told the salesperson that I wanted to buy the truck but not with the factory mirrors. He had the service department swap them out with the ones on another truck and this cost me nothing. Why pay $50,000 or more and not get a few extras thrown in for free? It pays to ask before signging the purchase agreement at the dealer.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I have the opposite problem as the OP. I have tow mirrors on my 2019 but wish I had power-folding mirrors. My garage is narrow and it would help to be able to fold them in as I did on my last two trucks.
You two need to hook up and Swap mirrors :waytogo:

1STRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I got the premium tow mirrors with my 2022 Tradesman 2500. Still learning how to get them properly set for max performance. Once I flip them vertical, all adjustments for towing change. If you can get them, do so. Was surprised to be able to get the premium with the TRadesman. They even have LED auxilary back up lights that do a great job of illuminating the sides of trailer when backing up at night. Fortunately, they are power fold so I can get the 2500 into my garage easily! I used clip ons with my previous 2 tundras and they are a pain.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
My son has a 2021 2500 Cummins with factory tow mirrors and the button orientation changes when flipped up. Mine doesn't change cause my mirrors are aftermarket but his do. Odd that yours don't if they are factory?

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 16 tradesman 2500 changes orientation too when I flip them up. @1STRAM2500 have you tried looking through the settings in your radio to see if that function can be changed?

1STRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My son has a 2021 2500 Cummins with factory tow mirrors and the button orientation changes when flipped up. Mine doesn't change cause my mirrors are aftermarket but his do. Odd that yours don't if they are factory?
Sorry, just meant that after flipping from horizontal to vertical, I simply have to readjust mirrors to my taste. Am learning best way to adjust for easier tow. The mirror controls work fine, i.e. up orientation on switch moves mirror up whether horiz or vert.

bulldog1891

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7,cummins 6.7
I agree with the other posters that you would most likely be happiest with the final product if you get actual tow mirrors. The only part of going inside my panels that I find aggravating is getting the door handle and screw lined up for reinstall. Even this is not a huge deal. it just takes a little more attention to detail than the rest of the process.