tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerryt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would like to put tow mirrors on my 04 1500 for towing my camper. I have clamp on extensions now but I would like to have the regular tow mirrors. Are there any good after market ones on ebay or should I try to find some OEM in a salvage yard?

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have the OEM ones on mine and I find them useless when extended (flipped) into 'tow mode'. I find they work pretty good as is. They might be wider due to it having duallies and with the convex mirror in the outside corner of the big mirror I can see fine down both sides of my 5th whl. I tried them flipped out in 'tow mode' and everything felt 'off' with limited view. I applaud you using something over nothing. It is really frustrating when you're behind someone that has no clue your back there and they're going 30mph in a 55 zone and fail to use the 'slow pull offs' despite a long string of cars behind them because they're oblivious. SUV's with Air Stream trailers comes to mind. Anyway, there are lots of good options out there with a little searching and I'm sure others will point them out for you. Good luck,

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
OEM tends to be higher quality than any of the aftermarket ones I've seen.

OP
OP
J

jerryt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you. I think I'll try some salvage yards for OEM first. I would still apreciate in put from users of aftermarket brands.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I have the stock tow mirrors on my 2500. The mirrors are set up for normal use (non towing) and when you need them in tow mode understand you will need to readjust the mirrors for proper viewing when towing. This will need to be redone again each time you change the mirror configuration. Not a complicated task but necessary with these mirrors. If you want good quality replacements Rock Auto has them, but the good ones are $150+ each.

Mike

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
The Trail Ridge from 1A Auto are great. we have bought 2 sets of them for our 2018's. Look 100% OEM and are very sturdy and durable. Several on here have bought those

Moparsforme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l,Hemi 5.7l
I bought Perfit Zone towing mirrors for my 03 from Hwayspeed on Amazon in May 2020 and they are great. I just saw that the price is a little over $50 higher now though.