Towing specs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaiden113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recently I bought a 2019 warlock with 37k miles. Out of curiosity I crawled under and to my surprise I saw coil springs instead of leaf springs. Are there heavier duty springs out there? Or is there any way to up the towing capacity a lil more? A quick google search says towing spec is 7,600 lbs. I’m use to being able to throwing airbags on the leaf springs. Just for reference I haul a car trailer loaded with a car, a camper, and other misc items.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Recently I bought a 2019 warlock with 37k miles. Out of curiosity I crawled under and to my surprise I saw coil springs instead of leaf springs. Are there heavier duty springs out there? Or is there any way to up the towing capacity a lil more? A quick google search says towing spec is 7,600 lbs. I’m use to being able to throwing airbags on the leaf springs. Just for reference I haul a car trailer loaded with a car, a camper, and other misc items.
If you're trying to tow a car trailer with all of that on it at the same time, a Ram 1500 isn't the correct vehicle for that task, air bags or no airbags.

Online towing capactiy guides are almost useless, get pics of your truck's door stickers and post them here. Also will be helpful to have your trailer weights and specs.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
About your question to up the towing capacity a little more. The short answer is no. You can make it so it's more stable or handles better with the weight it's already rated to handle. I did that with my last truck. I added Tuff Truck springs. It squatted less and handled better but my tow rating and payload didn't change.

Justthebutler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
About your question to up the towing capacity a little more. The short answer is no. You can make it so it's more stable or handles better with the weight it's already rated to handle. I did that with my last truck. I added Tuff Truck springs. It squatted less and handled better but my tow rating and payload didn't change.
Your best bet is these puppies HERE They go inside the spring and they work like a hot damn.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Your best bet is these puppies HERE They go inside the spring and they work like a hot damn.
got to disagree, to a point.

OP,

Nothing you can do will actually raise your limits, but as mentioned by other,s there are things you can do to make towing at teh upper limits, mor enjoyable & easier.

Replacing physical hardwre with improvements, Springs, liek Tuftruck, Shocks, d rated tires. then if needed, add air bags.

Everything can fail.
Work teh odds on which isl east liekly to fail and, if it does fail, can you still get over the road, with yoru laod.

Springs cna fail but odds are lowest among all other options. shocks can fail but again, low odds and can still get over the road.
air bags tend to fail, the most of all other options, and when one fails, it creates a dangerous situation, unless you essentially remove the other by bleeeing off all air ot it.

Not sayign do not get air bags
jsut daying springs shocks tired might be preferable.