Towing TT with golf cart in bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
My step-son had a 2015 Dodge Dart with the 1.5" or whatever receiver. He bought an adapter to use his 2" from his old truck and IIRC the sticker on it said it reduced it by 50%. But his towing I think was only 1500 to begin with. He was just towing a 4x6 trailer with his dirt bike

It's the extra length of the adapter itself.
Changes all the dynamics, for the towing vehicle..

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
My language was incorrect and appreciate you calling that out, I meant tow capacity may be greater, all things considered.

Title 49 U.S.C. and it's companion CFR certainly spell out the requirements for safe motor vehicle operation. The ratings assigned to pickups, cars, vans and other vehicles are governed by law. Interstate highways are controlled by Federal, State, and local laws. Intrastate roads have laws and regulations of the governing bodies overseeing the safe and proper use of the roads. Ignorance of the laws that govern such inter and intrastate transit is no excuse for common sense to be thrown out. These laws are there to protect us and ensure the freedom of all to use the same resource is not compromised by those who fail to follow advice and guidance from experts who understand the laws and regs along with the physics of safe travel. These laws require lights, seatbelts, restrict interstate use from horseback riders and pedestrians, and certainly governs proper weight for vehicles. Nothing against horseback riding and walking, enjoy them both - just using as examples of how wide reaching the guidance is.

Never waste time explaining things to those who should already know them
and vehemently deny given Explanations, as Fake, and require other proof, because they have discounted that which was given.

I think of them a Flat Earthers and Ignore their rants.

though, I have oft wondered if any of them can fully appreciate just how life saving the
simple act of breathing being controlled by the subconscious, instead of the Conscious mind, is for them anyway.

On a positive note, I have yet another name to add to my Ignore this ******* list.
I have doing so cleans up threads and yields a much higher percentage of Gems and much less Chafe.

nd_012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am in favor of the larger truck to accommodate cart as we're on same boat. 3 weeks ago camping I saw an '18 ram 1500 crew with 6.5 bed come in with a TT in the 7500-8000lb dry range. Very similar model to our TT and I'm familiar with the model. He had a WDH but was no where near bump stops as it was sitting very level which is where I was head scratching. My tailgate cannot fold down with my power tongue jack but his was. Had to have HD bags and tons of bar bend to get weight off rear axle.

So it has been done. I'm personally pushing for 2500 but with almost having our 2015 1500 paid for its hard to justify yet. We'll walk for the time being.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I’ve done it. Posted pics and got the same posts about why I was wrong. I stopped and now my wife pulls it behind her car. I had a 6500 lb empty camper and a 6000 lb empty camper behind me at times with the cart in the back. Tailgate was off and I built up the bumper even with the bed. I felt ok in my abilities to drive like that but anything can happen and if it does I think you’d be screwed.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I didn’t read the whole thread but if size of the cart was not an issue, how about the Kagacruz or Cricket mini collapsible golf cart? That would surely fit into a short bed pickup.