Towing with standard mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
If it's a open car trailer you'll be fine I'm sure. You'll only want the tow mirrors on enclosed. I have towed several cars with standard mirrors and never had a issue.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I remember when there was no tow mirrors. All there was was what come on the truck. Yes I’m talking bout the good ol days. Back when seatbelts were optional and so was insurance...
We didn’t have tow mirrors we just used the skills that were passed down from the generations before.

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L. USMC (ret)

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
I rarely use my tow mirrors. They’re UGLY WHEN UP and it’s annoying adjusting them after towing. But I tow gooseneck cattle trailers and flatbeds. If I pulled a solid trailer I’d prolly use em more though

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
I remember when there was no tow mirrors. All there was was what come on the truck. Yes I’m talking bout the good ol days. Back when seatbelts were optional and so was insurance...
We didn’t have tow mirrors we just used the skills that were passed down from the generations before.

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L. USMC (ret)

hehe...I remember the days back then....My dad carried a little hand mirror held out the window with one hand while he parked the big camper backing in tight spots! I also remember most trailers back in the day had rear gards so u could feel the small "Bump" when backing in some places back when all had bumpers including cars! No one payed much attention....of course that will not work today!

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
hehe...I remember the days back then....My dad carried a little hand mirror held out the window with one hand while he parked the big camper backing in tight spots! I also remember most trailers back in the day had rear gards so u could feel the small "Bump" when backing in some places back when all had bumpers including cars! No one payed much attention....of course that will not work today!

And don’t forget we used our kids for ground guides to. They learned a lot from it and also taught them how to back and pull trailers.

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And don’t forget we used our kids for ground guides to. They learned a lot from it and also taught them how to back and pull trailers.

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

Ha ha....For Sure!!

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I rarely use my tow mirrors. They’re UGLY WHEN UP and it’s annoying adjusting them after towing. But I tow gooseneck cattle trailers and flatbeds. If I pulled a solid trailer I’d prolly use em more though

I tried mine when I first got my 2019 but altho I can see more area around my 8' wide trailer, I didnt like all the readjusting after towing so I just leave em in the regular position. they still work better than just the non tow mirrors. I wish they were power folding tho. all my other trucks have been and I miss that. I have 9' garage door on my truck garage and if I dont manually fold one back there are only a few inches clearance on each side so have to be pretty careful backing out.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried mine when I first got my 2019 but altho I can see more area around my 8' wide trailer, I didnt like all the readjusting after towing so I just leave em in the regular position. they still work better than just the non tow mirrors. I wish they were power folding tho. all my other trucks have been and I miss that. I have 9' garage door on my truck garage and if I dont manually fold one back there are only a few inches clearance on each side so have to be pretty careful backing out.

My understanding is the Ram 2500 has power folding tow mirrors! That is a crock!

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
they should offer those on the 1500's

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I regularly towed an enclosed 30' car trailer with standard mirrors, never had any issues at all.

Steve42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm towing a 23' travel trailer with the standard (Laramie) mirrors without issue. I have extension mirrors that can be attached, but haven't felt the need to use them at all.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
I remember the massive hood mounted mirrors on cars, trucks, and trailers when people were towing in the '70s and '80s.