TPM Error after New Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahole4sure

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.1
2018 2500.
Recently got new aftermarket rims. The tire shop put my old TPM's in my new rims. When I picked up the truck all worked ( Of note, I had previously used another system ( not alphaobd ) too lower my tire pressure thresholds.
After driving 10 miles or so the the TPMS indicator flashed on and the passenger rear tire pressure seemingly went offline ( just a dash, no pressure).
Back to the tire shop the guy used a handheld device to "reset" things and said the batteries were getting lower on my TPMs but should work. Then drove 10 or so miles .... Same thing all over.

Took back to the tire shop and they say when they try to reset things it just errors out their "OBD system". They said I probably need to take to the dealership to get them to figure out what's wrong.

Thoughts?
Could I just need to replace that TPM?
Is there a way to reset things with my AlfaOBD and Bluetooth module (I do have a bypass cable)?

Currently everytime I start the truck I get a service tire pressure monitoring system error. The error light stays on and the passenger rear tire pressure does not report, but the tire shop says the tire pressure monitor works fine when they read it externally with a TPM handheld monitor -- so they say the TPM device itself is functioning correctly.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
My guess is that they damaged the sensor ... is it only one or all of them ... It's very easy to damage the sensors when switching them to new wheels ..... they of course are not going to admit it but that is my guess ...

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
If the batteries are getting week, the signal may not be strong enough to reach the receiver on the truck, which is typically quite a bit farther away than the hand held unit the shop is using to test. Go to the mart that begins with "W", $40(apx) and they'll install a clone.