TPMS delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I have a 2014 2500 ctd, putting on aftermarket wheels and tires for first time. Would like to know if the TPMS can be turned off with no “side effects”? I plan on reprogramming but if it becomes a pain then I’d rather just delete or shut off.
Also, does anyone know if Snap-On has a programmer that’ll do the job?
TIA, Duke

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Look at the AlphaOBD Thread here. Yes it can be modified.

Paul Kelley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Hi duke, I just did my TPMS to have the correct pressure, and 4x4x4door gave a step by step on how too.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi duke, I just did my TPMS to have the correct pressure, and 4x4x4door gave a step by step on how too.

But requires a visit to the dealer right? I’m waiting for my aev procal. I’m going to completely disable the tpms until I find a dealer that will reset it.

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
who's that?
Google 4x4x4door. Looks like a guys user name who rents out the computer to reset the tpms to your desired amount. You’re going to need the trucks 4 digit PIN number which you can only get from the dealer.

rammerrodder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Google 4x4x4door. Looks like a guys user name who rents out the computer to reset the tpms to your desired amount. You’re going to need the trucks 4 digit PIN number which you can only get from the dealer.

i rented the scan tool from him to change my tpms and it was a breeze. set everything to 45 psi. i had a question regarding one of the steps in his directions and he was able to call me back pretty quickly. i would recommend him. if it's something you're interested in i'd find out how long of a wait it is to use the scan tool. i had to wait a month. he sent me a message when it was my turn. no regrets!!!

here is his website.

https://tehamann.wixsite.com/tracystruck

nmhuntr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if there anyone on the Glendale AZ area with one of these tools that I can pay to flash my 2018 Ram 2500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
Does anyone know if there anyone on the Glendale AZ area with one of these tools that I can pay to flash my 2018 Ram 2500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The 2018s are a little more involved. You need a security bybass cable or module. After that, the Alfa OBD program can do it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The tazer can completely dissable it too. Or, with a dealer visit it can adjust the thresholds.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
The tazer can completely dissable it too. Or, with a dealer visit it can adjust the thresholds.

Unfortunately dealers can no longer adjust the thresholds of the TPMS. When FCA got wind of people hitting up dealers to change the TPMS levels FCA deleted the capability from the WITECH tool that the dealership service departments use. At best, a cooperating dealer may update the RFH hub for you AFTER you have changed the settings in the BCM. Remember changing the TPMS levels is a 2 step process, changing the levels in the BCM and then updating the RFH hub with those new levels. Good luck in finding that dealer that will update the RFH hub for you. This is why the Alpha OBD and the member 4X4X4door on the other forum are mentioned frequently in regards to changing the TPMS levels. More info here:

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/...247642-updated-how-set-tpms-any-pressure.html

Redheadhunter21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Unfortunately dealers can no longer adjust the thresholds of the TPMS. When FCA got wind of people hitting up dealers to change the TPMS levels FCA deleted the capability from the WITECH tool that the dealership service departments use. At best, a cooperating dealer may update the RFH hub for you AFTER you have changed the settings in the BCM. Remember changing the TPMS levels is a 2 step process, changing the levels in the BCM and then updating the RFH hub with those new levels. Good luck in finding that dealer that will update the RFH hub for you. This is why the Alpha OBD and the member 4X4X4door on the other forum are mentioned frequently in regards to changing the TPMS levels. More info here:

https://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/...247642-updated-how-set-tpms-any-pressure.html

Think he was talking about using the tazer to set the bcm value and have the dealer update the rfh hub. Best way I found to do this, is to tell the service manager your having problems with your remotes and locking the doors and ask them to update the rfh hub. Most won't even bat an eye and it will take a tech less than five minutes

mpbc33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I have the AlphaOBD and have not been able to disable the warnings screen, chime or yellow light I get every time at start up. Steps to do this?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
So I have the AlphaOBD and have not been able to disable the warnings screen, chime or yellow light I get every time at start up. Steps to do this?

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, @mpbc33. If you are unable to determine the cause of this with the assistance of fellow forum members, I suggest connecting with your local certified FCA dealer as they are in the best position to assist.

Mark
RamCares

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing, @mpbc33. If you are unable to determine the cause of this with the assistance of fellow forum members, I suggest connecting with your local certified FCA dealer as they are in the best position to assist.

Mark
RamCares

He is trying to change the TPMS settings and no dealer will touch that with a 10ft pole......:banghead:

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have the hardware bypass module that is required for 2018 and newer models? Did you go through both steps? Step 1 is to change the threshold TPMS values, then step 2 is to go into a different screen and reset the RFH hub which requires you to have the 4 digit PIN for the vehicle.

lpsteve72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Can someone assist?
I purchased a 2015 Ram 3500 that was deleted and has a stock tune. The tpms was also removed/deleted. Can I use an odb2 and jscan app to re-enable the TPMS without messing up the tune?

TigerX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
My 2015 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn did not come with a TPMS. My research indicates 'most' dually's just don't have them. Not sure if yours is SRW or DRW

One Mile Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I followed these and it worked flawless for my 2017 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4 6.4l HEMI

How to retrieve the PIN from your ECU (so you don't have to beg your dealer for it)

How to change the parameters (TPMS)

I needed to purchase these two things in order to be able to get into the ECU:
1. OBDLink MX+
2. AlphaOBD App