TPMS issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trekker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, having some issues with tpms on my 2017 ram 2500 I was hoping someone could help me figure out. I bought new wheels and tires and had them mounted today. When I picked up the truck the tpms sensors were reading from what I can tell. I drove to my work less than 1/2 a mile away and parked it. When I got off I drove 10 miles and all except for 1 of the sensors stopped reading. I drove the 15 minutes that was recommended to relearn them and they would not relearn. I found an open shop and used their TPMS tool and got the sensor IDs and verified they all worked. I then used the tool to do a manual learn (enters the ids into the computer) and it cleared all the sensors from the dashboard. After driving for 1 minute the right rear sensors shows up but after driving another 20, none of the others would show up. I used alfaobd to manually enter the sensor id's and still only the right rear would read. I did upsize to 37s that only go up to 50 psi from the normall 65/80 so I changed my tpms threshold to 46 front 42 rear (I chalked the tires) and tried all steps again and still only reads the one sensor. I for the life of me can not get this to program and at this point im at wits end trying to figure this out. The only thing I can come up with is the tire shop messed up 3 sensors without fully breaking them. That is the only thing I can think of where 1 sensor will show up but the rest wont... Any ideas???

Update: I finally got them to program after hours of trying. No where does it say for changing tpms threshold should you have to clear codes on the RFHub itself. I went out to my truck after it say for an hour with tire pressures set to 50 and threshold set to 46f and 42r and 3 were programmed. Drove it again and 4th wouldn't set still. Decided to check codes in RFHub thinking maybe the antenna were unplugged or something and found some tpms codes for not reading. Cleared those, shut truck off, set tire pressures to what they should be (46f 42r) and started the truck and it instantly picked them all up. Figured I would post this since I have found many threads with the same issue but no solutions on them. Hope I help someone with my struggles. And don't feel bad if you are struggling, I was two certification from being a ford senior master tech and I struggled with this

Last edited:

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Thanks for posting the fix. Glad you got them working now.