TPMS Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Thomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello all,

I have done a lot of research and reading on this topic but wanted to toss this out and see if anyone can tell me what they did to fix it. I bought a 2011 Ram 2500 last month. It has factory stock wheels and 17" tires. When I test drove it, the truck had a tire light and message saying, "service tire system". The front sensors are reading the pressure in the front tires, but just dashes for the rear tires. I bought a new set of tires and had them installed, and also had both rear TPMS's replaced this past Saturday. I have put probably 50 miles on the truck and the issue persist. I have seen articles where people had the module replaced which I have not done yet. Any thoughts or advice on this would be appreciated. I have owned several 4th gen trucks and never had this problem before. BTW, the truck has been deleted is that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin2011.jpg

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Usually it's a module failure that causes that.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Hello all,

I have done a lot of research and reading on this topic but wanted to toss this out and see if anyone can tell me what they did to fix it. I bought a 2011 Ram 2500 last month. It has factory stock wheels and 17" tires. When I test drove it, the truck had a tire light and message saying, "service tire system". The front sensors are reading the pressure in the front tires, but just dashes for the rear tires. I bought a new set of tires and had them installed, and also had both rear TPMS's replaced this past Saturday. I have put probably 50 miles on the truck and the issue persist. I have seen articles where people had the module replaced which I have not done yet. Any thoughts or advice on this would be appreciated. I have owned several 4th gen trucks and never had this problem before. BTW, the truck has been deleted is that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,

KevinView attachment 490356

Nice looking Ram :waytogo:

OP
OP
K

Kevin Thomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
They probably added the wrong frequency TPMS sensors .... you should have the 315 not the 433 ... find out which ones they added .... some 2011s and up can use both the 315 and 433 but most new ones use the 433 now ....
I am looking at my receipt from Discount Tire and they installed 433's.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Good catch :waytogo:
Thank you Socal .... TPMS sensors were always a hassle when I was busting tires for Big O Tires, customers would always come from another shop that had no clue what sensors they could use and had us fix it for them ...

But seriously it's not that hard lol, a google search can tell you what sensors you need on any car but even like that some shops manage to screw it up lol ..

OP
OP
K

Kevin Thomas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Guys, here's the update. I took the truck into Discount Tire today and they replaced the 433 sensors for 315's (rear tires), because the front's had been reading fine since I bought the truck last month.

Once the rear tires were back on the truck, the front sensors started failing to read so the guy we had been working with said he was going to replace the front sensors and it would be on them. I told him I would gladly pay for them and he told me no, that we had been loyal customers since they opened the Joplin store and they wanted to take care of it and fix the issue.

We left the store and in about 5 minutes, the tire light was out and the message on the dash went away!! I am a happy camper and once again, so glad we are customers of Discount Tire. Those guys do a great job for me!

Thanks for all who replied to my post and gave advice, especially CheechDogg.On37!

Thanks guys!!

Kevin

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Guys, here's the update. I took the truck into Discount Tire today and they replaced the 433 sensors for 315's (rear tires), because the front's had been reading fine since I bought the truck last month.

Once the rear tires were back on the truck, the front sensors started failing to read so the guy we had been working with said he was going to replace the front sensors and it would be on them. I told him I would gladly pay for them and he told me no, that we had been loyal customers since they opened the Joplin store and they wanted to take care of it and fix the issue.

We left the store and in about 5 minutes, the tire light was out and the message on the dash went away!! I am a happy camper and once again, so glad we are customers of Discount Tire. Those guys do a great job for me!

Thanks for all who replied to my post and gave advice, especially CheechDogg.On37!

Thanks guys!!

Kevin

Glad it turned out to be a simple fix, but even better to hear that there are more reputable businesses out there that care.

Plus 1 for your shop :waytogo:

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s

Thanks guys!!

Kevin
Glad it got it fixed my friend!!! And like @Socalramfan cool that they took care of you for being a loyal customer ... that is fawken awesome!!

nascar72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

Thanks in advance,

KevinView attachment 490356
Dude! That's an awesome looking 2500!