TPMS issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Recently I have been having issues with the TPMS system. Im getting the service the TPMS system and both rear wheels are going out only. Its intermittent. It might be out from start or driving for a while then go out. Or be out and come back.

Anyone know where the TPMS module is or the pickups are for the rear tires or the wiring for it?

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
It's (the pick up) above the fog lights on the drivers side.

The TPMS is in each valve stem. They have batteries. I had one go out after 2 years. $70 from Dodge but was replaced under warranty.

They are suppose to last 7 to 10 years, but who knows how long they sat in stock.

OP
OP
LB3711

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I saw that in my electrical drawings but wasn't sure. Its only the 2 rear tires though. Are there separate ones or just 1 pickup for all 4?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mangus2k13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Each sensor has it's own rf signal. The way you are describing it, batteries are going. Have them replaced. Then go from there. The batteries in them are watch batteries. Would be nice to just replace the batteries in them. I work in a shop and took one apart and all the electronics and battery are enclosed in some rubbery substance. Btw don't ever use fixaflat or slime. It will ruin the sensors.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could rotate the tires and see if the problem stays with the wheels.

OP
OP
LB3711

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
both rears go out.

Im thinking it has to do with my HIDs. Reason is it happens at night when they are on. Today I used the truck and tpms was in error. Then I drove it and it cleared up and got the rear wheels back. No headlights used since it was during the day and the whole time i was out it worked.

OP
OP
LB3711

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
well as of today my headlights were off and still have the TPMS issue. I have to try to find a block diagram and wiring diagram on the TPMS stuff so I can trace it out.

Anyone got any info?

mangus2k13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
well as of today my headlights were off and still have the TPMS issue. I have to try to find a block diagram and wiring diagram on the TPMS stuff so I can trace it out.

Anyone got any info?

If live near my shop, I would tell you bring it by and I scan it for with tpms scan tool and tell you what's going on. A tpms scan tool will tell you more.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Recently I have been having issues with the TPMS system. Im getting the service the TPMS system and both rear wheels are going out only. Its intermittent. It might be out from start or driving for a while then go out. Or be out and come back.

Anyone know where the TPMS module is or the pickups are for the rear tires or the wiring for it?

Did you ever get this fixed? What was done?

Both of the tpms sensors my back tires are faulting out.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

OP
OP
LB3711

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6

Nope. Hasn't come back with my stockers. I just ignore it most of the time anyway. Sine my summer wheels doesn't have the sensors in them anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Update...
Discovered that the aftermarket "Esky" front camera (using Customtronix RAx Jailbreak on 8.4 radio) was causing interference. Verified it by disconnecting and reconnecting it over the course of 3 days.
Dang it. Will have to try a different camera