TPMS light blinking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Calab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey all

TPMS light just started flashing on my dashboard yesterday. Checked the four tire pressures and they are all OK. I'm getting good readings on my EVIC display for the four tires as well.

Does the spare have TPMS? Could a low spare tire cause this issue?

If it's just tire pressure, should the light be blinking or on solid? Could there be a fault in the system?

Just looking for some advice to avoid having to spend $$$ at the stealership, if possible.

KingTuna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sounds like one of your sensors has kicked the bucket. Do you know any shops that would hook it up to the computer for 20 bucks or so and tell you which sensor is bad?

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A continuous flashing light indicates a fault. Solid after an initial flash is tire pressure. You would think the display would show a bad sensor reading after driving a few miles. An intermittent fault could hide, and the fault may clear after three or four ignition cycles. My 09 does this once every 4 months or so.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My front right TPSM has been acting up. It reads my air pressure at 29-30 psi but when I manually check it it's right near 40. It has happened twice and I just put a few pounds of air in and the then the TPSM will read correctly.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
As has been pointed out in this thread, a flashing TPMS typically indicates some type of fault with the sensor. I would suggest having a dealership diagnose this for you to be sure of the cause and possibly replace the sensor. Which model and model year is your truck? Are you still under warranty?

mooreman21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i'll save you the dealer trip.

change your spark plugs, all 16 of them.

don't ask why, but for some reason, old plugs will make the tpms light flash

OP
OP
C

Calab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You know what REALLY works? It's not believing you wife and going out to check the problem yourself. :)

She let me drive her truck today and DOH! It's NOT the TPMS light... It's the e-brake light. I think her e-brake switch is faulty or the cable needs adjustment.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been there, done that :) When she says check engine, its the TPMS light

daviddup78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2016 2500 tmps flashes then stays on

My 2016 Ram 2500 has 2200 miles on it and while driving back from a 8 hour trip pulling a 14ft utility trailer my TMPS started flashing and then stayed on. Checked tire pressures and no low pressure tire. No flashing low tire . So I guess the TMPS needs to be reset or what??

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think you'll find in the HD treads that the 2500 tire pressure needs to be set high, like 80psi+ for a short drive to reset the system, then back down to your desired pressure. But check around there. Lots of discussion.

rbrumm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i'll save you the dealer trip.

change your spark plugs, all 16 of them.

don't ask why, but for some reason, old plugs will make the tpms light flash
I had mine changed and it started flashing....

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk