Tpms problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys I know it's been a little while but now I'm running into an issue I'm now quiet sure where to start. After being on the highway for a while (20 30 min) I started having my right rear tpms sensors stop reading. After a few minutes or I'm off and back to normal around the town driving the reading comes back and the light shut off. I figured at this point I just had to swap sensors. Forward now a few weeks it is still doing it but now both rear are dropping out at the same time then the left will come back a little while later the right will also. Wasnt sure if anyone has seen the problem.

2018 ram 1500 cc sport 4x4

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Try dropping 10lbs out then re-inflating and take it for a 10min ride

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They all come back to reading after a little while but I'll give it a shot

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still doing the same. The LF dropped out on my trip to camp yesterday too. This morning all reading again. Pressure reading would come and go. @JB1 you got any experience or run across anything like this in your searches

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My tire light has been on for 2 years i gave up its a **** system all vehicles do it just ignore it.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
Still doing the same. The LF dropped out on my trip to camp yesterday too. This morning all reading again. Pressure reading would come and go. @JB1 you got any experience or run across anything like this in your searches
Sorry to jump in your post with no answer wasn’t sure if I should start new one got new wheels/tires with new sensors worked fine for a month now not getting any readings & message to service tire pressure system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated & good luck with yours

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sorry I dont have an answer for ya, are your sensors OEM or aftermarket?

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Aftermarket on these wheels trouble free for 3 years. It's just odd that multiple all go out at the same time and come back at the same time and only after prolonged highway driving. I figured just the norm sensor also at first but 3 dropping at the exact same moment? That leads me to believe that its something else. I pulled over the other day on the way home when they all cut out and did a scan on them. They all tested good while they weren't reading also

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to jump in your post with no answer wasn’t sure if I should start new one got new wheels/tires with new sensors worked fine for a month now not getting any readings & message to service tire pressure system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated & good luck with yours
I talked to a friend at the dealer. Even though they pick up automatically they can scan and program them. He's going to try it this week and see if it helps

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I dealt with this issue for almost three months after purchase of after market wheels. Finally put OEM sensors in and problem went away.

For this issue OEM is the only way to go.

For my stock wheels, OEM sensors lasted 8 years.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aftermarket on these wheels trouble free for 3 years. It's just odd that multiple all go out at the same time and come back at the same time and only after prolonged highway driving. I figured just the norm sensor also at first but 3 dropping at the exact same moment? That leads me to believe that its something else. I pulled over the other day on the way home when they all cut out and did a scan on them. They all tested good while they weren't reading also

Maybe they have cheap batteries in them, I think they say the battery in the older style trucks is 5-6 years and 7-10 for the newer truck OEM version

Timl66

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017- Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What psi are you running?

OP
OP
FF1899

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe they have cheap batteries in them, I think they say the battery in the older style trucks is 5-6 years and 7-10 for the newer truck OEM version
That was my other thought. If the signal is weak but still. 3 dropping at the exact same time has me second guessing. Couldn't find the antenna with a quick look. I'll be over to the dealership for my buddy to reprogram the end of the week and I guess we will see from there

mxrider918

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was my other thought. If the signal is weak but still. 3 dropping at the exact same time has me second guessing. Couldn't find the antenna with a quick look. I'll be over to the dealership for my buddy to reprogram the end of the week and I guess we will see from there
Did you ever figure out a solution? I'm fighting the same situation in my ram. Every third start the rear 2 sensors refuse to work and then a couple of starts later they work again.