TPMS & TPIS

OleDadsTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
Cummins 6.7
We are both on the same track. I did not get a picture of it, however, when I have base tpm set on and premium set on the dash shows - - for tires. Now if I turn base tpm off and leave premium turned on I get 0 zeros. I turn on the corax and it did nothing for me.
So I checked all the pressures in the tires fronts 70psi, rear 60psi. Went into Alfa and adjusted the threshold to 75psi all the way around, reset win and let the truck sit for 30mins. Came back to the truck cycled the key and started the truck, check tire pressure light and message popped up. So I aired the tires up to 80psi, took off down the road for a road test…..an hour later came back defeated with the light still on. I couldn’t get the light to turn off either until I disabled premium tpm, reset win, light and message gone. So I turned everything back on base and premium and I’m back to dashes again. No tire light on though.

I checked for power at the connector for the module and it has power, so I ran the system status and this is what it told me, 315mhz….but it’s only 0-50psi, how is that possible when this is the correct part number. I’m not sure what the next step is I suppose getting 315mhz sensors and just seeing what happens maybe, I have tried 433 and then a hybrid that is suppose to supply 433,434 and 315 signals but knowing Chrysler it will have to be a dedicated 315mhz to work.

Attachments

• 8316CEDC-96FC-44B8-A795-68ACD2D3A6D6.jpeg
    8316CEDC-96FC-44B8-A795-68ACD2D3A6D6.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 7FDA7E5E-853B-4B8B-8E20-95828D4911A2.jpg
    7FDA7E5E-853B-4B8B-8E20-95828D4911A2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 8205C319-0C23-4366-8808-E517340F4598.jpeg
    8205C319-0C23-4366-8808-E517340F4598.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 6

Jawsopter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
Hello again,
Where did you find the System Status info? Under Alfa? I must be blind.....

I still think were headed in the right direction.

Enabling the CORAX for me brought up the Service Tire Pressure System message and light. Under Alfa, "P/T Chassis Network: CORAX" I can turn it on and off with Alfa to get rid of the meassage.

Like you, i have power to the module. Next step for me is new sensors.

So the first sensors i had were ITM

ITM Autoparts 08003 433MHz TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor​

They unfortunately did not work. Even had the programmer to configure them to my truck or any other vehicle.

After searching on this web site, the consensus came to

TPMS SENSOR 68241067AB, 433MHZ Car Tire Pressure Monitoring System, fit for CHRYSLER DODGE​

Unfortunately, they wont be here till November........

Do you have a part number for your sensors?
Have you tried programming each sensors ID into ALfa? (7 digit id for each sensor)

At the bottom of your second picture it says Autolocate Enable. Is there a way to enable this?

If you Enable the "P/T Chassi Network" under Alfa and re check the WCM log like you did before, Does it show any changes? Thought maybe it would make it activated under the WCM log.

---But when I read the WCM log it says WIN: Base TPM: Not Present and WIN: Premium Not Present. It also says something about Cora WIN BASE and Premium TPM Not Present.----

Haven't given up yet.
Kevin

Last edited:

Jawsopter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
Update: installed 68241067AB sensors on my winter tires. Drove 15 miles. No change on the Evic screen. Still shows “—“.

Anybody confirm wiring is correct? Have PDF of TPMS Module..

Attachments

• Label-and-Location-2743067.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Earl73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I am having this issue as well in my 2012 3500. Same part number confirmed correct for 2012 2500 TPMS module that you both were using. It should be working on 433 mhz, but AlfaOBD shows that the system is looking for 315 mhz sensors with a max pressure of 50 psi. I would really like to know how we can get the WCM to recognize the TPMS module correctly. After messing with it repeatedly, that's the only think that I can think of. The WCM is looking for the wrong frequency. I have had all my sensors checked and they are transmitting correctly. I used AlfaOBD to program the IDs into the truck, but I can't get the pressures to register.

Earl73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've done some experimentation and finally have pressures displayed. To get them up required having TPMS, TPM Premium and Corax turned on. For whatever reason, when I check the status of the RF hub, it says that TPM Premium is not active, but if I got to change the setting, it is "set". The fronts and rears are swapped in the EVIC but the sides are correct as are the pressures. Turning off Corax puts the diplay back to dashes. I briefly had the front/rear situation corrected by (for whatever reason) turning off combined rear lighting, but I had to turn that back on because my trailer lights weren't working without it. When I turned it back on, the tires swapped front/rear again. I discovered that you can connect AlfaOBD to the TPMS module if you tell it that the truck is a 2500. I don't know for sure if it is better to program the sensor IDs directly this way or through the RF hub as a 3500. I tried entering the sensor IDs with the front/rear swapped to get them to display correctly, but for some reason the display remained the same. I will try a few more things and post up anything that I discover.

Jawsopter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
Thanks for the info Earl, never thought about the 2500 scenario. Makes sense, most of the parts i ordered fall under that.
Keep us posted...

Edit: I was leaning on the WCM. Found this online about a software update. Its for 2014 rams but maybe it needs to be done with older trucks...

Edit: Must have a connection problem, i cannot access the TPMS module under Ram 2500. The seting is there, it just times out trying to connect. Try to fix this weekend.

Attachments

• 000000003b9b3efc.pdf
    345.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juggernaut1