TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cessna94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all. Apologies if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find a thread. I just bought a 2012 1500. Recently the TPMS light came on and showed the left rear tire low. Checked when I got home and it was low. Filled it up and drove it the next day for 25 minutes and it the light is still on and the left rear tire is flashing on the panel even though it shows the correct pressure. I pulled the negative on the battery hoping that would correct it but it didn't. Any other ideas?

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Take it to a local tire shop and have them scan the sensors. Could be a bad sensor or needs a relearn. Walmart will typically do this for free or nominal charge.

OP
OP
C

Cessna94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok. I'll see if Costco will do it since they are closer. Thanks

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sometimes tire pressure sensors may work after some driving (as the tire warms up) ...and may not work first thing on cool mornings. Esp if the batteries are on the edge between good and bad. Batteries work better when warm than when cooler. So now that fall has arrived, if your batteries are on the edge, they sensors may not read like they did when it was warmer outside.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
And sometime you have to over inflate the tire by 5 or 10 lbs. let it sit a minute the lower pressure to normal ! I had to inflate my tire 5psi over then drop it !