TPS SYSTEM DOWN...800miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I ran about 50F 45R unloaded on the Duratracs. Empty.

Coincidentally I got the same message yesterday in my truck. Ignored it. Drove it again today and it was still there. Cleared itself after about five miles.

This truck is prone to miscellaneous minor electronic glitches.

Sometimes the door locks engage after miles of driving for no apparent reason.
The touchscreen is sometimes slow to react, it may take a noticeable delay before coming out of rear view camera display after shifting into drive.
It’s common for the SXM radio to have a long delay before it will display after starting.
Earlier this week I was driving some dirt and inadvertently engaged the rear locker. After that on tight turns it would activate the stability control and brake the truck.

None of my issues are deal breakers for me but seem to be indicative of a glitchy canbus system or just poor QC in the software.

10k miles on mine.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I ran about 50F 45R unloaded on the Duratracs. Empty.

Coincidentally I got the same message yesterday in my truck. Ignored it. Drove it again today and it was still there. Cleared itself after about five miles.

This truck is prone to miscellaneous minor electronic glitches.

Sometimes the door locks engage after miles of driving for no apparent reason.
The touchscreen is sometimes slow to react, it may take a noticeable delay before coming out of rear view camera display after shifting into drive.
It’s common for the SXM radio to have a long delay before it will display after starting.
Earlier this week I was driving some dirt and inadvertently engaged the rear locker. After that on tight turns it would activate the stability control and brake the truck.

None of my issues are deal breakers for me but seem to be indicative of a glitchy canbus system or just poor QC in the software.

10k miles on mine.

Thanks for the information brother

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I have 40,000 miles on my 285 75R17 S/T Maxx tires and run 42 PSi empty at the warmest time of day which drops them all by some 5 to 6 PSI in the morning. 285 is the same as the OEM width. They're at 5 /32" to 6/32" clear across of which will become useless in the snow here. Wore them evenly across. Time to replace.

Our daily temperature swings are between 35 and 50 degrees daily. When a storm approaches it can be an 80 degree difference within a day. Can't satisfy the TPMS on any of our vehicles due to these large temperature fluctuations. I found the following,...

How much does temperature affect tire pressure?
A good estimate is for every 10° fluctuation in air temperature, vehicle tire pressure will adjust by about 1 psi. So if outside air temperature decreases 30° from your last tire pressure adjustment, expect tire pressure to drop about 3 psi.

MarchRanges.jpeg

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I have 40,000 miles on my 285 75R17 S/T Maxx tires and run 42 PSi empty at the warmest time of day which drops them all by some 5 to 6 PSI in the morning. 285 is the same as the OEM width. They're at 5 /32" to 6/32" clear across of which will become useless in the snow here. Wore them evenly across. Time to replace.

Our daily temperature swings are between 35 and 50 degrees daily. When a storm approaches it can be an 80 degree difference within a day. Can't satisfy the TPMS on any of our vehicles due to these large temperature fluctuations. I found the following,...

A good estimate is for every 10° fluctuation in air temperature, vehicle tire pressure will adjust by about 1 psi. So if outside air temperature decreases 30° from your last tire pressure adjustment, expect tire pressure to drop about 3 psi.

View attachment 222744

Some good information here. Thanks

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

View attachment 222744
Yes, thanks for sharing, that's useful info.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is there any way to keep light off 2018 Tradesman with LT265/70/17? There is no way I can run these at 75 F and 80 R unless I have my truck camper loaded.

kmrtnsn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there any way to keep light off 2018 Tradesman with LT265/70/17? There is no way I can run these at 75 F and 80 R unless I have my truck camper loaded.

Reprogram the pressure thresholds. Several software suites out there that do it through a Bluetooth OBD scanner.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the sensors come from the UK. I know right now oem tpms sensors are backordered.

Jesse Lackman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I don't know why manufacturers don't use Stabilant 22 on every electrical connector at the factory. For many years now I've used it on every automotive and computer connector, from new, to ones I take apart.

http://www.stabilant.com/appnt20.php