Traction Control LIght After Getting Stuck in the Snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryce Kircheis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 Tradesman, Today I got stuck in deep snow in may driveway. I put it in 4 low and turned off the Traction Control. I got sever wheel hop while trying to power out. After that I got an ABS error and 4WD will not engage. Any thoughts on a cause?

RAZ175

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
With the ABS error, probably one of the wheel speed sensors has come unplugged or there is damage to a sensor or the wiring harness. Also check the main harness connectors along the frame rail to see if they came unlocked and are only making partial contact.

bdc2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It may fix itself , I get a service abs light when I lock mine out and drive it for an extended period. So far the service light has reset itself, sometimes after a few minutes once after a few hours.

OP
OP
Bryce Kircheis

Bryce Kircheis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You both nailed it. Found a loose connector, clicked it closed, after a couple of key cycles fixed it self.

RAZ175

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L
If it was one of the big frame rail connectors, a good idea is to put a zip tie around the lock so it can't get opened by running through snow or water puddles.