Traction control light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clobrie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 ram 1500 one owner a week ago I crossed 100k miles next was driving came to a stop light and heard a loud thump! I accelerated across the intersection 1st I noticed that the truck was not shifting I pulled over and did a visual inspection I found nothing wrong got in and started the truck put in drive accelerated truck drove smoothly came to next light it happened again. Took it to the dealer ran a scan on it said the cam position sensor was bad replaced it and same thing continued they are at a lost can someone help?

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have the traction control light on? No CEL? I dont see how the cam sensor is related to the issue. Does it idle and rev like normal when not in gear? I'm pretty sure TC uses the ABS sensors.

Lee Peterson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It could be a bad wheel bearing they have ABS sensors in them. I'm curious what code was present.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The "loud thump" was your transmission jumping to 4th gear because your truck went into limp mode. I am currently dealing with a similar issue..... I did see a troubleshooting video, where a bad ign coil was interfering with the cam position sensor and giving it the intermittent code (P0344) which causes the truck to go into limp mode. Usually if that happens your CEL and traction control light will come on at about the same time.