Trade in for a new PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So dealer called yesterday. They have 84 months 0% interest. Considering trading a 17 for a 20. Not sure I want to go through it all again. I got dethloff and spider protection under the 17. It's got a whopping 24k miles on it.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is your 17 paid off?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So dealer called yesterday. They have 84 months 0% interest. Considering trading a 17 for a 20. Not sure I want to go through it all again. I got dethloff and spider protection under the 17. It's got a whopping 24k miles on it.

Wouldnt take much arm twisting for me...thats why I have stayed away from that damn place!

And it wont take much to take the skids off anyway. I wouldnt leave them on there.

Mace Peveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just checked the RAM website. Looks like they do offer 0%/84 months for 2019 models, but only 0%/36 months for 2020 models. Bummer.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Dang! 0% is hard to pass up. Nothing like the new car scent!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just look closely before committing to anything.

Like people have said elsewhere on this forum, sometimes (most? all?) taking the APR deal makes you lose cash incentives.

And regardless of 0% I personally dont like the idea of "starting over" on my vehicle note. Maybe if I had bought one a month or two ago, but even then the depreciation on the trade already happened so it would still take a lot more than 0% to get me to give up my slightly modded, MaxCare Lifetime covered, 2017 1500.

ALRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the deals will get even better in a couple weeks if you really want a new one. The economy hasn’t felt the full effect of the quarantine yet. If you want a new one, good time to walk away from a deal at the lot now so more leverage when deals get hotter latter. But, I’ve been wrong before(per my wife).

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the deals will get even better in a couple weeks if you really want a new one. The economy hasn’t felt the full effect of the quarantine yet. If you want a new one, good time to walk away from a deal at the lot now so more leverage when deals get hotter latter. But, I’ve been wrong before(per my wife).
Think u are right in this one

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Only way I'd do this is if after everything is said and done, the payment is the same as what I'm making on my 18. Plus they have to switch over my wheels and tires to the new truck. But they wouldn't do that and I'm still not a fan of not having the column shift.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
No but under 20k now
Would you share what they offered you for yours as a trade in?

I say trade it, I know you like your truck but it's not your forever truck, and I think I've noticed the possibility of not fully trusting your '17 (if I'm wrong I apologize, no offense in any way), I'll buy your dethloff if it won't fit your '20, I'll give you what you paid for it too and I'll come to the Springs and remove it too, or you can roll this way.

Already have spiders but someone here would be happy to be second owner.

The tech in the 5th Gen is really thorough and I think first class. A lot of well thought out details, imo. Umm 8-speed.

Collision control, blind spot monitoring,front, rear, bed cameras, the huge inch screen gives a 360 degree Birdseye view around the truck. And a ****ton more, synthetic winch cable, you could even get the color you want. You deserve that

0%, and oh yeah 8-speed

If they give you at least $48k for your tranny muncher I'd say do it today. (The Springs dealer offered me $48k for mine last summer. Yours has more options, your drivetrain has not been modified (I think), I had somewhere around 50k miles at the time, mInes a year older, mine had just eaten its first tranny and they did the replacement, so they knew exactly what my truck was, mods and all

You'd be into the new 8speed.

Maybe Two reasons that would slow me down, the $4k for tax and tags (hate that part), and that sexy f Rebel TRX approved for production next year. (My wife already told me to g.f.). 707hp, in a half ton, a slightly widened, supercharged hemi, for a menacing off-road ish half ton. But if that doesn't have a chance in your life, I say sell me your dethloff and enjoy rolln an 8 speed somewhere between 6 and 14 thousand feet above waterline (and oxygen)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
Well, what the hell. I'm quarantined and have nothing else to do.

I would like to see what the new cab looks like when the time comes. Just not enough of a change on the 19 and 20 models. If you don't like the complete redesign then you can probably get a smoking deal on the last year run of the current model.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would you share what they offered you for yours as a trade in?

I say trade it, I know you like your truck but it's not your forever truck, and I think I've noticed the possibility of not fully trusting your '17 (if I'm wrong I apologize, no offense in any way), I'll buy your dethloff if it won't fit your '20, I'll give you what you paid for it too and I'll come to the Springs and remove it too, or you can roll this way.

Already have spiders but someone here would be happy to be second owner.

The tech in the 5th Gen is really thorough and I think first class. A lot of well thought out details, imo. Umm 8-speed.

Collision control, blind spot monitoring,front, rear, bed cameras, the huge inch screen gives a 360 degree Birdseye view around the truck. And a ****ton more, synthetic winch cable, you could even get the color you want. You deserve that

0%, and oh yeah 8-speed

If they give you at least $48k for your tranny muncher I'd say do it today. (The Springs dealer offered me $48k for mine last summer. Yours has more options, your drivetrain has not been modified (I think), I had somewhere around 50k miles at the time, mInes a year older, mine had just eaten its first tranny and they did the replacement, so they knew exactly what my truck was, mods and all

You'd be into the new 8speed.

Maybe Two reasons that would slow me down, the $4k for tax and tags (hate that part), and that sexy f Rebel TRX approved for production next year. (My wife already told me to g.f.). 707hp, in a half ton, a slightly widened, supercharged hemi, for a menacing off-road ish half ton. But if that doesn't have a chance in your life, I say sell me your dethloff and enjoy rolln an 8 speed somewhere between 6 and 14 thousand feet above waterline (and oxygen)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Highly doubt he will break 35k on a trade in

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
They havent offered anything for value on trade in. They want to look at it blah blah blah. The TRX is a possibility if it can tow 10k. I have clearance for the TRX from house hold 6, wife, as long as it's not 80k or more

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
couple years ago i traded in a 1yo truck for new. likely youll get pumelled on the deal. alot of money down the toilet. but hell its just money

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Highly doubt he will break 35k on a trade in

^ That's what I'm thinking. The guy above that got a $48K trade offer seems way way way high to me? I mean that's pretty much what I paid for my nicely equipt 2016 mega cab cummins new.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^ That's what I'm thinking. The guy above that got a $48K trade offer seems way way way high to me? I mean that's pretty much what I paid for my nicely equipt 2016 mega cab cummins new.

I dont think he had a bid for the truck on trade I think WY was just saying if he could get that he would do the trade.
We are in agreement though.
My 2018 with 2900 miles on it cost me 42k.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I dont think he had a bid for the truck on trade I think WY was just saying if he could get that he would do the trade.
We are in agreement though.
My 2018 with 2900 miles on it cost me 42k.

From his post

"The Springs dealer offered me $48k for mine last summer."

If they offered that for my Cummins I'd jump all over that! Lol (and get a new one)

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From his post

"The Springs dealer offered me $48k for mine last summer."

If they offered that for my Cummins I'd jump all over that! Lol (and get a new one)

Oh, reading comprehension 101. Lol sorry. You seem to be correct! Hell yes sold lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn