Trade In Value Surprise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I don't know about that. Before I ordered my new truck, I drove a couple of hours to a small town to test drive a one year old 2500 Limited. Sales person said it was a local farmers truck who bought a new truck every year. Nice truck on paper but it was beat up!
Yeah farmers buy new equipment every year for the right off. they don't care what trim it is. Usually just grab what's on the lot. And yeah, these trucks get used hard every day. Is kind of sad to see something like a limited get mud & manure all over the inside! :bawl:

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where I live, there are 2500's to be had but it's extremely rare to find a gas engine truck that is not a Tradesman. Dealers here mostly are not going above MSRP but the non-tradesman 2500s are almost all diesels and with options I didn't want. I wanted a gas engine Bighorn with some options. Last May I actually found it by scouring the Internet for small town dealerships. It was at a small dealership about 40 miles away that seems to cater to the local farm commuity...whom I doubt buy $80k trucks for the farm
Haha. Around me, all the rich farmers are driving Ford platinum trucks. Some ram Laramie or limited, but definitely they spend the free government given money on the best of the best.

JohnC24229

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Long story but I'll make brief as possible.
I traded my 21 TRX in on a 22 Laramie Sport that's loaded with a sticker of almost 62 k plus I got a big check. I liked the TRX but just wasn't something I wanted to use day to day not to mention the gas milage.

I traded my 16 Hellcat in on a 22 Challenger Redeye and the dealer I traded with this time gave me really good money on my car plus no mark up on my Redeye.
So I have decided to try that dealer again on a Rebel and contacted the sales person and he told me he would give me good deal on the truck. I sent him info on my Laramie so he could give me trade estimate.
I was really aggrevated that what he offered was 25% below Msrp on a 1 year old truck 1500 new style that still looks brand new with 13k miles
I thought Rams were holding a good trade in but this isn't looking good. I also wonder if the ETorque engine could have anything to do with it.
Just curious do you miss the TRX?

1STRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Another factor is interest rates. The more they rise the more folks are priced out of the market. Look at real estate. In my area which had ridicules price are now seeing price cuts on listing prices. Autos are no different.
I have personally found that Carvana seriously undervalues used vehicles. Check several places, including dealers with scant inventory.

JCE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have personally found that Carvana seriously undervalues used vehicles. Check several places, including dealers with scant inventory.

Carvana just bought my 2022 Toyota RAV4 Prime for a **** ton of money. We needed a 3/4 ton truck so I took it and ran with the money. I just pulled the trigger on a pre-covid 2019 RAM 2500 Laramie with my huge positive equity from the RAV4 and I couldn’t be happier. Our credit is nearly perfect so we got a great low-ish rate for 84/mo that we’ll refinance in 2025 when the rates start to go down after we recover from Bidenflation.

Maryland_Man

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
Been taking wife around dealers for new SUV, last one totaled. As we were sitting in a Hyundai Tucson hybrid, salesman went to get key for test drive. Someone walked up and mentioned they just bought it. All I could do was say congrats and get out of his ride. Its tough out there. To JCE, too bad I couldn't meet up about your RAV4. I'm located on Earth too.

Reactions: JCE

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
Regular gas was $6.56 3 weeks ago
Diesel never climbed that high

pump prices where i usually buy my fuel

You are from California, where everything is screwed up. In most of the
country diesel is and has been anywhere from $1.00 to $1.40 higher than
UL gas. Currently in ND gas is $3.59 and diesel is $4.99.

So, be accurate.......

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
yeah currently here in western PA diesel is about 1.40 more per gallon than regular. usually its about .90 higher under 'normal' times

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Until recently gas had been 39 cents lower then diesel, but over the past few weeks it has dropped to $1.00 less then diesel at $4.59, my cousin sent me a photo last Wednesday of the gas price in Ankeny IA $2.99

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
3.99 here for regular and 5.49 for diesel today

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Carvana just bought my 2022 Toyota RAV4 Prime for a **** ton of money. We needed a 3/4 ton truck so I took it and ran with the money. I just pulled the trigger on a pre-covid 2019 RAM 2500 Laramie with my huge positive equity from the RAV4 and I couldn’t be happier. Our credit is nearly perfect so we got a great low-ish rate for 84/mo that we’ll refinance in 2025 when the rates start to go

Until recently gas had been 39 cents lower then diesel, but over the past few weeks it has dropped to $1.00 less then diesel at $4.59, my cousin sent me a photo last Wednesday of the gas price in Ankeny IA $2.99
I'm in SW iowa...hope the prices get to that here. $3.55 in my town.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure what I did above to quote JCE, was only trying to quote 06 dodge.

• Haha
Reactions: JCE