Traded ‘18 Sport for a ‘22 Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked up my 22 Rebel last week and have logged about 1300km so far. I won’t be off roading per se, but I drove some serious back roads with some lovely frost heaves over the weekend and the truck handled well. I loved my Sport a lot and now absolutely love the Rebel. I’ve noticed that there are not a ton of threads on here regarding the Rebel. Is this because it is a niche truck or are there fewer owners? Any recommended changes/mods? Just curious.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
Hemi e-torque
I traded my 2017 sport for a 2022 rebel GT. The 2022 is definitely a bit more isolated from the road. The etorque is strong off the line and smooth shifting. The Cat Back exhaust sounds perfect.

I love the upscale interior.

I’ve had ceramic tint done all the way around and today I had a bakflip X4s installed…. Which is VERY nice.

Saturday I’m going to reverse the tires to hide the white letters…. And replace the chrome lug nuts with satin black to match the wheels.

Then one of the techs at the dealership is going to swap out my black start button with a RED TRX start button. The red button is just too cool to pass up on.

Attachments

• 0F493B7C-B444-4856-8C1B-CCE2F2E7895B.jpeg
    0F493B7C-B444-4856-8C1B-CCE2F2E7895B.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
LemmysDad

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice!! The black and red interior sold it for me. I test drove a Sport Night Edition first and when I got on the Rebel and saw the interior it looked like a good change.
I’ve got a Rhino spray liner, Trifecta Extang soft tonneau, AJT Design shift knob so far. Bed Rug Bed Mat on order (80 business days!!?). And I will install my Hellwig sway bar from my last truck after I paint/clear coat it. Oh and Lamin-x Yellow tint coming on my fog lights when it gets a bit warmer.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
Hemi e-torque
I had a hell wig sway bar on my 2017 RAM. I was thinking about having one installed on the REBEL. Do you thing it will make a noticeable difference? I have the new GT package. The interior is all black.

OP
OP
LemmysDad

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m not sure myself. It’s a quick install and removal. I’m going to give it a shot. I went from a 6’4” box to a 5’7” box in the rebel so I don’t notice the body roll as much. Any way I’m going to give it a whirl.
The GT package is a sweet upgrade.

gt8684

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I was literally about to pull the trigger on the bakflip x4s @Aircooledpurist how do you like yours? Would you buy again? All the reviews I have read say its great, one said it leaked a little... but that could have been installer error. Thanks

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Picked up my 22 Rebel last week and have logged about 1300km so far. I won’t be off roading per se, but I drove some serious back roads with some lovely frost heaves over the weekend and the truck handled well. I loved my Sport a lot and now absolutely love the Rebel. I’ve noticed that there are not a ton of threads on here regarding the Rebel. Is this because it is a niche truck or are there fewer owners? Any recommended changes/mods? Just curious.

combo of few things. This is nice site, some good people here. But there seem to be more 'older' Trucks than new ones.
I'm on another site that has people with way more rebels(5th gen) and active.

I took my Rebel out off-roading in first week. I do it every weekend, half miles on truck are from off-roading.
Also people come to forums like this one, cause they are having issues, or looking to do some mods.

Only had 2-3 minor issues with my Rebel so far. I have 2021.

OP
OP
LemmysDad

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CanRebel
Yeah you’re right. I reaped a ton of knowledge from this forum for my 2018. From mods to fixes and everything in between.
May just take a while for more members to gain some experience with the 5th gens. Anyway I do enjoy the forum still but may have to look at other avenues for some newer ideas.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Rebel GT
Engine
Hemi e-torque
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I was literally about to pull the trigger on the bakflip x4s @Aircooledpurist how do you like yours? Would you buy again? All the reviews I have read say its great, one said it leaked a little... but that could have been installer error. Thanks
I think I sent you a private message on the Bakflip. Please let me know you got it.