Tradesman base Uconnect - Crutchfield says they do not recommend upgrading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bourbonboy43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve done a few searches and can’t find what I’m looking for. I don’t want to spend $1200+ bucks on moving up to a factory 8 or 12, just want to throw in a decent multimedia head unit that works with the backup camera. Crutchfield has been my go-to for 20+ years on finding new gear, so I’m curious what it is that makes them not recommend swapping in a new head unit on my 2019 Tradesman 1500?

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Probably based more on the fact that there technically isn't a dash kit to fit your base model. Also you will be looking any closer to a grand by the time you buy a dash kit, head unit and a smart harness.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Personally I'd research through the forum and piece together everything I'd need for the 8.4 upgrade. I have no problems with mine, for being a 2018 even the screen is still fine.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’ve done a few searches and can’t find what I’m looking for. I don’t want to spend $1200+ bucks on moving up to a factory 8 or 12, just want to throw in a decent multimedia head unit that works with the backup camera. Crutchfield has been my go-to for 20+ years on finding new gear, so I’m curious what it is that makes them not recommend swapping in a new head unit on my 2019 Tradesman 1500?
The main reason crutchfield is saying not recommended is because there’s no solution yet for an aftermarket radio to be able to display the factory digital backup camera. If you can find a dash kit, you can fab in an aftermarket backup camera, and get by with an aftermarket radio running with maestro.