Tradesman upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone on this Forum know anything about upgrading parts on a 17 Ram 2500 tradesman?

OP
OP
mikewelch

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does your guy know anything about an extension harness for fog lights that can hook up to my jump harness?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does your guy know anything about an extension harness for fog lights that can hook up to my jump harness?
I have a 14 Express and have pretty much added every factory option available. Long story short your possibilities are pretty much endless. As far as a fog light harness goes contact Mpgrimm2 as previously mentioned. You will need the fog ligh harness, new headlight switch, conversion jumper harness from M2mods and then enable the code with the Alfa OBD.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mikewelch

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Awesome thanks! Y’all helped out a lot! I definitely plan on upgrading the interior. I don’t have a map light or over head console in my tradesman is it possible to put one in?

OP
OP
mikewelch

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 14 Express and have pretty much added every factory option available. Long story short your possibilities are pretty much endless. As far as a fog light harness goes contact Mpgrimm2 as previously mentioned. You will need the fog ligh harness, new headlight switch, conversion jumper harness from M2mods and then enable the code with the Alfa OBD.

How much did that run ya If you don’t mind me asking?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much did that run ya If you don’t mind me asking?
It didn't cost me as much as some guys because I found a complete set of Laramie seats for $600 and I build most of my own harnesses myself. I've done a lot to the truck over the years so it's hard to come up with an actual amount. Most of it is just the labor of tearing the truck apart. If you shop around on Ebay and car-part.com you can find used parts pretty cheap. If I had to guess I would say 4 or 5 k. Its to hard to list everything the truck now has but the only options I'm aware of that it doesn't are rear heated seats, rain sensing wipers and front and rear park assist. I plan on adding the rain sensing wipers in the future if I ever replace my windshield but don't plan on adding the rear heated seats or park assist because I it's not necessarily something I want. The main options I have added are

Push Button Start with Proximity Entry plus remote start

Heated,Vented seats with heated wheel.

Memory seats, mirrors and memory adjustable pedals

7" premium cluster

Full 8.4 Nav radio conversion.

Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control.

Cargo Cam

Power Sliding rear window

Homelink

Power folding mirrors with blinker, puddle lights plus memory plus much more. It's kind of an addiction figuring everything out.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does anyone on this Forum know anything about upgrading parts on a 17 Ram 2500 tradesman?
I have a 18 Tradesman, I bought harness from Mpgrimm2 to go from fusebox to factory harness that I bought from Allmoparparts along with factory switch. Used AlphaOBD to allow factory switch to turn fog lights on and off. I used aftermarket brackets to connect behind tow hooks for my fog lights. Pretty simple.

OP
OP
mikewelch

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 18 Tradesman, I bought harness from Mpgrimm2 to go from fusebox to factory harness that I bought from Allmoparparts along with factory switch. Used AlphaOBD to allow factory switch to turn fog lights on and off. I used aftermarket brackets to connect behind tow hooks for my fog lights. Pretty simple.
Sounds to me like mpgrimm is the only way to go then. No one else has said anything different.

OP
OP
mikewelch

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It didn't cost me as much as some guys because I found a complete set of Laramie seats for $600 and I build most of my own harnesses myself. I've done a lot to the truck over the years so it's hard to come up with an actual amount. Most of it is just the labor of tearing the truck apart. If you shop around on Ebay and car-part.com you can find used parts pretty cheap. If I had to guess I would say 4 or 5 k. Its to hard to list everything the truck now has but the only options I'm aware of that it doesn't are rear heated seats, rain sensing wipers and front and rear park assist. I plan on adding the rain sensing wipers in the future if I ever replace my windshield but don't plan on adding the rear heated seats or park assist because I it's not necessarily something I want. The main options I have added are

Push Button Start with Proximity Entry plus remote start

Heated,Vented seats with heated wheel.

Memory seats, mirrors and memory adjustable pedals

7" premium cluster

Full 8.4 Nav radio conversion.

Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control.

Cargo Cam

Power Sliding rear window

Homelink

Power folding mirrors with blinker, puddle lights plus memory plus much more. It's kind of an addiction figuring everything out.

Have you done a map light with the over head lights. I really want to do that but no idea if it can be done and if the truck has the overhead wiring.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds to me like mpgrimm is the only way to go then. No one else has said anything different.
He does a great job and he went above and beyond helping me with the software work. I also added 8.4 radio and got a cable from him to allow rear camera view on both mirror and radio screen.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you done a map light with the over head lights. I really want to do that but no idea if it can be done and if the truck has the overhead wiring.
My truck is an Express so it came with the standard overhead console with map lights. I have since added the power sliding rear window and Homelink. Pretty sure Mike (M2mods) started making a conversion harness for the overhead console as well. It's a common upgrade. You can also install the compas module and Homelink if you chose. You will eventually need to purchase the Alfa OBD tool to enable codes for the options you want in your BCM.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recommend reaching out to @M2mods in the vendor section of the forum to enquire about any harnesses or options you may want to add.

OP
OP
mikewelch

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
He does a great job and he went above and beyond helping me with the software work. I also added 8.4 radio and got a cable from him to allow rear camera view on both mirror and radio screen.
That’s awesome I wanna do that to mine. What do you need?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Contact Benny at Allmoparparts via PM and let him know that you need the fog light wiring harness and fog light switch, he has probably received enough requests to fill in his sleep. Also contact Mpgrimm2 and let him know what you are doing, he can help you out. You will also need to buy AlphaOBD, look on thread in general discussion for talk on fog lights, Mpgrimm2 can also pin the specific posts for you. You can get AlphaOBD tool in eBay or other retailer, maybe a vendor here. If you have auxiliary switches you can use those and not buy OBD tool and factory fog switch, but I wanted it to look stock. For fog lights and mounting it is really up to you and the bumper you have. Like I said I bought mounts that went behind my tow hooks bolts, I bought LED lights at tractor supply. Good luck.

OP
OP
mikewelch

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My truck is an Express so it came with the standard overhead console with map lights. I have since added the power sliding rear window and Homelink. Pretty sure Mike (M2mods) started making a conversion harness for the overhead console as well. It's a common upgrade. You can also install the compas module and Homelink if you chose. You will eventually need to purchase the Alfa OBD tool to enable codes for the options you want in your BCM.

What do you need for the auto window?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you need for the auto window?
Are you referring to the power sliding rear window or the auto up and down door windows?

OP
OP
mikewelch

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are you referring to the power sliding rear window or the auto up and down door windows?

Yes the rear windows. How do you get that to work and what all do you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45