Tradesman with “Safety Group” package.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trap_Shooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Has anyone looked into buying a Tradesman truck equipped with the Safety Group Package?

The package includes:
Adaptive Cruise Control w/Stop
Black Exterior Mirrors
Exterior Mirrors with Heating Element
Power Black Trailer-Tow Mirrors w/ Power Fold-Away
LED Tail Lamps
Exterior Mirrors with Turn Signals
Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps
Trailer-Tow Mirrors
Power Folding Mirrors
Front LED Fog Lamps
Mirror Running Lights
LED Reflector Headlamps
Automatic High Beam Headlamp
Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection (Truck only)
Cluster 7.0" TFT Color Display
Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls

My biggest reason for considering the package is the LED headlights, fog lights, taillights, and also the steering wheel mounted controls would be nice. BUT, my biggest concern would be all the electronics associated with the package giving me issues down the road, because when I do buy a new truck I plan on keeping it for many years.

So with that being said, what’s everyone think? Anyone out there have a new Tradesman with this package yet, if so how do you like it?

Here are some pictures of a Tradesman with the package from a YouTube video on Mr.Trucks page, it looks great to me.

99df2a5d171a73554d66467dd383defc.jpg37df1c72f14e32243c0afaa5c1dc9a6e.jpg345e051286035fdd122a261744f8a8ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bisley45

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
That package really churches up the trademan! I like it alot!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kinda makes the tradesman not so much a tradesman lol. Looks good!

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That tradesman in the picture has more then just the safety group. Also has the Chrome appearance package, the snow chief package, side step package. $5000+ in add on packages just from what I can see in that photo.
Point is you may be getting into Big Horn territory with those addons and may be able to get more truck by moving up?

As far as not wanting electronics that might break. Hate to tell you, even the base tradesman is full of electronics.

OP
OP
Trap_Shooter

Trap_Shooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
That tradesman in the picture has more then just the safety group. Also has the Chrome appearance package, the snow chief package, side step package. $5000+ in add on packages just from what I can see in that photo.
Point is you may be getting into Big Horn territory with those addons and may be able to get more truck by moving up?

As far as not wanting electronics that might break. Hate to tell you, even the base tradesman is full of electronics.

Those extra packages would be things I would want on a new truck also, to me you get a lot of bang for your buck with the Snow Chief Package. I’m pretty much dead set on a Tradesmen for one big reason, vinyl, because cow **** and cloth doesn’t mix lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963