Trading in for a ‘22 at Mark Dodge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure which forum this goes in, so here goes since its related to my ‘22 on order.

Curious for those that have recently acquired a new truck via Mark Dodge, how were they regarding trade in value? Their sale price cant be beat, but is their trade value fair? Close to KBB or NADA?

Trying to sort out my trip there to pickup my new truck. Will be much easier if they take my current ride on trade and give a fair value, but if I can get a lot more for it elsewhere I’ll have to sort out the logistics from TX.

Thanks

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i would ask Mark dodge they can do everything via photos....

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I agree, talk with them and see what they say. Obviously they are not going to give you a hard number right now but they might make you feel at ease (or not) that they will give you fair value.

With that said, it may be wise to travel with 2 drivers so you can take both trucks back if it doesn't work out. They will have you trapped if not. They are there to make money after all.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure which forum this goes in, so here goes since its related to my ‘22 on order.

Curious for those that have recently acquired a new truck via Mark Dodge, how were they regarding trade in value? Their sale price cant be beat, but is their trade value fair? Close to KBB or NADA?

Trying to sort out my trip there to pickup my new truck. Will be much easier if they take my current ride on trade and give a fair value, but if I can get a lot more for it elsewhere I’ll have to sort out the logistics from TX.

Thanks
i would ask Mark dodge they can do everything via photos....

Yeah they can give you a quote with the vin/some info/pictures...at the time of my order they were on par with any other offers I was receiving, however, while waiting for my order to be built I kept checking the value on autonation/carmax/carvana/vroom. About a month before my order came in my offers had shot up over $9,000 from what I agreed to in trade in value at the time of my order, so I ended up selling it myself to autonation as the nearly extra $9,000 more than covered for the extra taxes and shipping (I live 1500 miles away but was going to drive down and back) with still more than half the extra amount left over.

Would recommend running your vin through those sites every week or two while you wait for you truck to be built.

Edit: To add MD did give me an actual number, provided condition of the truck didn't change and I kept it under a projected mileage. This is pretty standard, I've done all of my truck shopping from far away and usually do trade in, so I require hard numbers to be settled on a bill of sale prior to agreeing to travel out to look at the vehicle.

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I have a friend with a 22 Ram 2500 6.2 hemi.
He recently ran into the back of somebody who stopped short when his brake pedal hit the floor. I drove it 100 miles to verify what he said and experienced the same problem. Brakes worked fine in normal situation, but emergency stop the pedal went all the way to the floor.

Mark Dodge non-service dept has had his truck in shop for 3 months now with no remedy.

Any ideas from you guys on what the problem might be? I'll go there and let them know. I already know they're not the brightest bulbs in the box.

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I have a friend with a 22 Ram 2500 6.2 hemi.
He recently ran into the back of somebody who stopped short when his brake pedal hit the floor. I drove it 100 miles to verify what he said and experienced the same problem. Brakes worked fine in normal situation, but emergency stop the pedal went all the way to the floor.

Mark Dodge non-service dept has had his truck in shop for 3 months now with no remedy.

Any ideas from you guys on what the problem might be? I'll go there and let them know. I already know they're not the brightest bulbs in the box.