Trailer baron trailer brand question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justintyme01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone here own a trailer baron trailer? I have a dealer near me that carries them and they seem to be a pretty good deal. I’d like to pick one up at the end of the year or maybe next year. I will be hauling mostly firewood but I might pick up a car trailer and build sides so I can tow the nova as well.

Here’s a link to one of the trailers I’m considering.

http://altmeyertrailers.com/CargoTrailersDetail.aspx?id=486340

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Never had any experience with that manufacture but looks like any common angle iron top trailer out there. Personally I would step up to there general duty trailer that's built witch c channel rather than angle iron.
Http://altmeyertrailers.com/CargoTrailersDetail.aspx?id=489457 that looks like a solid built trailer.

Also if you want side to start off with look into the pipe top ones. I have used several angle iron top trailers or trailers built out of angle iron and not that they dont get the job done they just flex alot.

(EDIT) 'm not sure what length your looking at I would suggest 18 or 20 ft. 16ft is a little short when it comes to hauling cars you have a tuff time getting the weight set up on the trailer with longer vehicles. a nova wont be a problem but personally ran into several vehicles and its nice when you gotta haul longer pieces of metal or lumber.

Last edited:
OP
OP
justintyme01

justintyme01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the reply. My nova should be road legal soon so I doubt I’d be towing it much and i could just have it towed for free since we have Aaa. I mainly
Just want one to make the most out of the trips I make to pick up firewood. It’s all I heat my house with so I’d like to get as much as I can in each trip. A utility or land scspe trailer would probably
Work just as well but I was thinking of stepping up from the economy model

OP
OP
justintyme01

justintyme01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think I posted the utility trailer
Actually. I was looking at a car hauler there as well

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
If your looking to get the most per trip check into one that's got a little heavier axle under it. When I was looking it showed they had a trailer with 4k axles that gives you a gvw of 8k allowing you to carry a extra 1000lbs and stay with in the limits of your truck assuming you have a hemi. If the main use of the trailer will be fire wood, sides would probably be a must.

OP
OP
justintyme01

justintyme01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks, having that trailer sounds like it’s a perfect match to The truck. I do have the hemi and I might just go With a tandem axel trailer with brakes. My tow rating is 8200 pounds and I wanted to
Match the trailer With the truck but I don’t know if it’s truely
Necessary.

Wood is the heaviest thing I haul right now and it adds up quick. I’ve been collecting enough I am running out of Room to store it and need to Build another wood shed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01