Trailer Brake Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okieron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
can anyone tell me where or how to activate the Trailer Brake Module with AlfObd I can connect I just can’t figure it out. Thanks for any help

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did mine about a year and a half ago, so I don't remember exactly the steps. There are three things to turn on, and I'm pretty sure they are in the BCM. Look in the Alfa thread above and it should be in the first page under known working mods or something like that.

Flatblack79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just did this over the weekend.

Connect to body computer
Car configuration change
CustSetMenu 2 - trailer selected CSM =yes
CustSetMenu 2-trailer name CSM = yes
CustSetMenu 2 - Trailer Type CSM = Yes
P/T Chassis Net - ITBM/HWM Integrated Trailer Brake Module = Enable

I tested with my car trailer and everything works. I did have to let the truck sit for an hour or so before it showed on the uconnect screen settings.

Vman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Okleron,

Did you ever figure this out? Only asking because I just did an OEM trailer brake install on my 2016 Ram Tradesman 1500 over the weekend and would be happy to provide you some tips. FYI I used the Windows version of AlfaOBD, which was not as intuitive as the Android version, but same principle.