Trailer Brake Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandenscott96

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for the correct part number for a 2017 1500 Tradesman Trailer Brake Module. Had gotten one from a part out but turns out it was for a 2014 (68092732AE) so it didn't work, then ordered another on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B094Y2QCWV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) that said it was for a 2017 but again doesn't work. Won't let me adjust the gain on either of them and it doesn't apply brakes on the trailer.

EDIT: does the actual switch below the dash have specific part numbers for specific years? I never changed it from the 2014 one to the Amazon one... I imagine all the switches would be the same

Last edited:

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Did you program the truck for the controller? Need to use AlfaOBD, Tazer, JScan etc. While the wiring is present the truck needs to be programed to recognize it.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Here are the component parts for a 2017

X3

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

OP
OP
brandenscott96

brandenscott96

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here are the component parts for a 2017

X3

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
Got those part numbers installed and everything is flashed, still saying “Trailer Brake Not Connected” and not letting me adjust gain. I’m at a loss.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Got those part numbers installed and everything is flashed, still saying “Trailer Brake Not Connected” and not letting me adjust gain. I’m at a loss.

There could be a component failure or something wrong with the trucks wiring. Did you have it diagnosed at a dealer?

- Benny

OP
OP
brandenscott96

brandenscott96

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There could be a component failure or something wrong with the trucks wiring. Did you have it diagnosed at a dealer?

- Benny
Trying to exhaust all my at-home diagnostics before I get reamed at the dealership. I posted up in the DIY section so hopefully someone has been through this.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
with working brakes.

OP
OP
brandenscott96

brandenscott96

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Silly question. did you actually hook up the trailer? Mine will not let me change some fuctions unless trailer is plugged in.
I did hook up, only the 7 pin though, i'm gonna try hooking up to the ball as well incase the ground isn't in the 7 pin. The lights all worked when I hooked up with just the 7 pin though so idk.

OP
OP
brandenscott96

brandenscott96

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you program the truck for the controller? Need to use AlfaOBD, Tazer, JScan etc. While the wiring is present the truck needs to be programed to recognize it.
I just saw this, so are you saying that while the module and everything is hooked up it needs to be programmed? I heard the complete opposite, that it only works if you flash it BEFORE you plug everything up.

lAWROSA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just saw this, so are you saying that while the module and everything is hooked up it needs to be programmed? I heard the complete opposite, that it only works if you flash it BEFORE you plug everything up.
Yes I took mine to ram and they charge me $80 bucks to flash it.

I had a OBD port flasher but to use that you need to bypass the security module and on my truck I could not find it. So ram to flash it was easier for me,