Trailer camera wiring for digital rear view mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtjdkj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Hey guy I have a 2022 Ram 1500 limited full loaded night edition. I love the digital rear view mirror and I want to be able to have a camera behind the trailer and see it in the digital rear view mirror. There were no options for camera wiring at the time of the build, can I still add wiring and add the camera?
Thanks Robert

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
What I did was hardwired a camera on the back of my trailers (gooseneck flat &5th wheel camper both 34').
Then I had a custom adapter that plugs into my tailgate camera harness. Now when plugged in the rear of the trailer(s) shows up on the screen.
The member @Mpgrimm2 https://www.ramforum.com/members/mpgrimm2.21548/
here on the forum made it for me. If interested maybe reachout and see if he's still making them for your year.
20200214_170236.jpg
The adapter T's off here at the plug and gives you a 2 plug pigtail for camera power and signal.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Digital rear view mirror camera, controls both cameras, as well as normal vision function, cameras are mounted in the 3rd Brake Light, digital camera mounted just to the side of the Cargo Camera

duel cameras for trailer, boat or camper shell

Trailer cameras can be mounted on the exterior or in the interior
some kits have 4 cameras, you can also mount one in or on top of a camper shell.
They plug into an plug that is mounted on the bumper, left side of license plate

Last edited:

Wilsonintexas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings fiesel
With your setup can you get the rear tailgate camera on full time?

I have a 2019 and i am
Looking into addind lane control which may require me to replace the rearview camera modules and DSM so I might look for one that has the back up camera built into that as well. I would also have to be with placing the center counsel, so I’m hoping that when I do that the setting so I’ll be available in the ODB are the elf ODB settings thank you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn