Trailer mods, what have you done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most of us are all about truck mods but what about trailer mods. Post up what you did. Maybe give the rest of us an idea or two.

Some of my mods are:
Fastway 6' coil break away cable. That helps keep that cable up out of the way.

2 Black Maxx Air vent covers. That's more of a must have if you plan on leaving your vents open.

I added a sewer hose storage tube to the top of the back bumper. It's black so it blends in real well. There were no good spots under the trailer. We have two gray tanks, kitchen one in the middle and bath at the back, so we might need more than what fits in the bumper. Don't want to run short on those!

I also added some rope lights above the crown moulding over the slide.

Changed out a few lights including the ones over the table and over our heads in the bedroom. All the ones I took out were those obnoxious led puck lights. The ones over the bed are touch dimmable with a blue night light.

I added a back splash in the kitchen using Smart Tiles. They are adhesive tiles. Got them at Home Depot.

We also added a few of those 3 drawer storage bins to the closet behind the entertainment center and in our bedroom closets on either side of the bed. The ones I stacked I screwed together.

Next on the list I installed a Haloview wireless rear view camera on the trailer. It comes with a 7" color monitor. The camera has a built in mic. It has a really clear picture. All the reviews on YouTube we're really positive.

I've also done a few other smaller things.

Here are some pics of the mods.
20210410_100341_HDR.jpg 20210410_100849_HDR.jpg 20210410_100829_HDR.jpg 20210410_101246_HDR.jpg 20210410_192246_HDR.jpg

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
mine I just built the whole dang camper my way my little Mobile Cabin started it march of last year and still have not got inside done but real close on outside just turning my focus to interior this spring trying to get in it done before end of season this year 0304211636.jpg

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Black Maxx Air vent covers. That's more of a must have if you plan on leaving your vents open.
This is probably more for cargo trailers with roof vents but they would work in a regular travel trailer(standard 14"x14" size). The MaxxAir Mini vents work great for being open all of the time and really low profile.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is probably more for cargo trailers with roof vents but they would work in a regular travel trailer(standard 14"x14" size). The MaxxAir Mini vents work great for being open all of the time and really low profile.
I've used these for all my trailers. A lot of RVers do. Easy flip up access for cleaning. Technically they are the Maxx Air 2's

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I've used these for all my trailers. A lot of RVers do. Easy flip up access for cleaning. Technically they are the Maxx Air 2's
I was talking about a different style of vent all together. Here's a picture to show both what you and me are referring to:
Maxxair~2.jpg

KMKKOZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a previous camper that had the rear bumper peel downward because I had installed a bicycle rack. Had not realized the bumpers are often not rated for any weight.

We got a new camper last year, so I reinforced the attachments to the frame. I used L brackets and four inch U bolts around the bumper. The sewer hose still fits inside.

I had also previously lost every square plastic plug on the bumper ends. For this one I siliconed closed the right side and put a removable bolt on the left for access to the sewer hose.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was talking about a different style of vent all together. Here's a picture to show both what you and me are referring to:
View attachment 244094
I had no idea that they had those low profile covers. They are nice. That's why I started this thread, to give each other ideas about what's out there.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I had a previous camper that had the rear bumper peel downward because I had installed a bicycle rack. Had not realized the bumpers are often not rated for any weight.

We got a new camper last year, so I reinforced the attachments to the frame. I used L brackets and four inch U bolts around the bumper. The sewer hose still fits inside.

I had also previously lost every square plastic plug on the bumper ends. For this one I siliconed closed the right side and put a removable bolt on the left for access to the sewer hose.

You can seldom keep those plugs in. I drilled each side cap and installed hitch pin clips.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My current trailer is a 2017 Jayco 29RKS.
4PhyOiYUChWNVZ6ONY9kSu.jpg
I’ve added 4 100 watt solar panels to it.
5mPADwKW03hhcPlnjZLvDh.jpg
I put the controller in the storage area up front. 52wFeYMcRKh50KjyPJigwm.jpg
I ran the wires through the frame where the battery wires run.
n2N3TZbCoii0z5ZdkDNHq.jpg

Next I plan to replace the kitchen and bathroom faucets. I hate the one in the bathroom. It is barely big enough to get into the sink. When I wash my hands water gets everywhere. The new faucet will have a longer spout to get farther into the sink. My 1978 prowler had that problem and I can’t believe that style of faucet is still being used.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most of us are all about truck mods but what about trailer mods. Post up what you did. Maybe give the rest of us an idea or two.

Some of my mods are:
Fastway 6' coil break away cable. That helps keep that cable up out of the way.

2 Black Maxx Air vent covers. That's more of a must have if you plan on leaving your vents open.

I added a sewer hose storage tube to the top of the back bumper. It's black so it blends in real well. There were no good spots under the trailer. We have two gray tanks, kitchen one in the middle and bath at the back, so we might need more than what fits in the bumper. Don't want to run short on those!

I also added some rope lights above the crown moulding over the slide.

Changed out a few lights including the ones over the table and over our heads in the bedroom. All the ones I took out were those obnoxious led puck lights. The ones over the bed are touch dimmable with a blue night light.

I added a back splash in the kitchen using Smart Tiles. They are adhesive tiles. Got them at Home Depot.

We also added a few of those 3 drawer storage bins to the closet behind the entertainment center and in our bedroom closets on either side of the bed. The ones I stacked I screwed together.

Next on the list I installed a Haloview wireless rear view camera on the trailer. It comes with a 7" color monitor. The camera has a built in mic. It has a really clear picture. All the reviews on YouTube we're really positive.

I've also done a few other smaller things.

Here are some pics of the mods.
View attachment 244069 View attachment 244070 View attachment 244071 View attachment 244072 View attachment 244073
What trailer do you have?

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really nice job! That was when trailers were built to last. Impressive.

What trailer do you have?
Coachman Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB

Last edited:

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No mods yet, just picked it up a week ago and still “collecting” necessities.

OP
OP
Loudram

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered my next mod. Under glow lighting. I'll install these lights under the trailer. They give off a nice glow, not to bright or obnoxious. If you use the promo code "Fireside" they will give you $14 off. They are cheaper on their own site than on Amazon.

https://www.latchit.org/products-17/complete-rv-awning-led-strip-set

Here is a video on the install.

KMKKOZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ah crap now I need those. Didn't know it existed, and I was happy. Now I can't live without it....

I have nice LEDs under the awning. But I love your idea of putting them under the trailer. Nothing to shine in your eyes.