Trailer tire pressure monitoring system upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmac21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e
When I purchased my 2021 Laramie 1500 I was told it’s supported the tire trailer tire pressure monitoring system. Now it turns out it doesn’t have that option and it’s not clear if I can upgrade this or not. Any ideas?

SandiaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 L
I would like this same information. I have 2021 2500 Power Wagon.
surely would be convenient!

tnpete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure on those, but my 22 has it. I ordered the 3500 DRW with the TPMS. For the price it was a have to add item for me. Now to get extra Sensors for all 5 of my trailers.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Not sure on those, but my 22 has it. I ordered the 3500 DRW with the TPMS. For the price it was a have to add item for me. Now to get extra Sensors for all 5 of my trailers.

The sensors are expensive but worth it.
I blew two tires on two different trailers and had the sensors not alerted me I would have been driving with a flat before I noticed.

tnpete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The sensors are expensive but worth it.
I blew two tires on two different trailers and had the sensors not alerted me I would have been driving with a flat before I noticed.
Sad part is, my dump trailer takes 8 sensors. My gooseneck not sure I will be able to use the sensors. It has 17.5's on it, with semi style valves on them. But my boat trailer and small trailer will for sure get the Sensors.
The boat will be towed behind our truck with the camper loaded in the bed. So no way to watch or see a tire. Even with the rear camera on, I will not be able to see the tires. So sensors will be worth it on it.
20211231_135602.jpg

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I got mine off Ebay. I searched a bit and there was a Mopar dealer that had the sensors, for at the time, was the best price I could find.
They are worth it. Nice to have them come up in the dash for each different trailer. They are kind of a pain to set the pressures when you first get them to be recognized, but after the first couple you will get the sequence down.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes it can be added but it's a pain to do. There's a huge thread on doing so on another forum, Google this exactly: TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post). If you do not have it there's multiple components that have to be added plus you have to enable in the BCM with Alfa or similar. One of the components installs under the headliner in the back so you have to drop the headliner and reach in to install it and connect the wiring. I was going that was but after seeing what's involved I just said screw it and bough an EZ Tire TPMS setup and went with it. Works just fine

Clpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
Did you have trouble with sensors fitting? Tried to add to my 5th wheel tires and the valve stems were not long enough to clear the rims.

drossday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Interesting thread to see especially the number of component adds Razzman points out. I say that because when I ordered my 2022 the Trailer TPMS Monitor was included in the Trailer Tow Group. However, when mine was delivered a week ago...low and behold it's missing. The dealer is in contact with FCA to better understand the deletion since FCA/Ram made no notification of the change/deletion. The end result is pending right now but no effin' way I am allowing the cromagnon service techs disassemble any part of this truck unless something is broken.
There is another delete item from the Tow Group as well, an important one, and it would require disassembly of the door panels to remedy and no way is that happening either. If the dealer made a mistake I expect them to own up on it but right now we are waiting on FCA to speak...

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Should have refused the truck and made them re-build it to your order specs.