Train horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
basegroup

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the Kleinn HK7 installed the other day and I love it.

It’s the big middle finger to people that are annoying me with their dumb driving.

I’ll post up a picture tomorrow.

OP
OP
basegroup

basegroup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the kit.

8742ba5f638ab4beb4089eb97ca4f7e8.jpg

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Had a Master Blaster brand set up around 2010ish. I had 4wheelparts install it for $1000 out the door. It was loud and I loved it.

If someone else installs it, just verify the inlet filter is not close to the ground. Mine sucked up road water and killed my pump. 4wheelparts replaced it and I relocated the inlet.

Kinda wish I had the dough to blow for another one

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I truly do not understand this Train Horn on Car stuff.
I can't wait for the day when I will never hear another train horn.

Are these things truly as loud as my Trains Horn?
I would think that would be Illegal as heck.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
I truly do not understand this Train Horn on Car stuff.
I can't wait for the day when I will never hear another train horn.

Are these things truly as loud as my Trains Horn?
I would think that would be Illegal as heck.

It's the same horns you might find on a tractor trailer, they could just as easily be called "semi horns"

I was almost side swiped by a driver on his cell phone. Directly after the incident, he went back to his phone. A quick toot on the old train horn straightened him out real quick, saw his phone go flying to the back seat as he scrambled to grab his wheel

It does have some practical uses but I did find myself playing with it when I shouldnt. Even incited some road rage when I didnt realize there was someone next to me late at night on the hwy when I blasted it. It scared them so bad they almost ended up in a ditch.

As much as I want another one, I think I should hold off to avoid getting my ass beat one day

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's the same horns you might find on a tractor trailer, they could just as easily be called "semi horns"

I was almost side swiped by a driver on his cell phone. Directly after the incident, he went back to his phone. A quick toot on the old train horn straightened him out real quick, saw his phone go flying to the back seat as he scrambled to grab his wheel

It does have some practical uses but I did find myself playing with it when I shouldnt. Even incited some road rage when I didnt realize there was someone next to me late at night on the hwy when I blasted it. It scared them so bad they almost ended up in a ditch.

As much as I want another one, I think I should hold off to avoid getting my ass beat one day

I am 100% against people using them as assholes, for example scaring people in the parking lot. However I am 100% having them for people that cut you off, or are illegally not passing in the left lane, or are texting and driving.

As for worrying about get your ass beat, get dash cams, get a conceal license, and learn your state laws. Not too many road rage in person incidents here, but most know a lot of people carry. When you hear of a person attacking another for road rage, it does not bode well for the attacker.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
I am 100% against people using them as assholes, for example scaring people in the parking lot. However I am 100% having them for people that cut you off, or are illegally not passing in the left lane, or are texting and driving.

As for worrying about get your ass beat, get dash cams, get a conceal license, and learn your state laws. Not too many road rage in person incidents here, but most know a lot of people carry. When you hear of a person attacking another for road rage, it does not bode well for the attacker.

Wasent serious about getting my ass beat, it just feels cringy talking up myself like a badass on the internets.

My dashcam has already gotten me out of a couple predicaments

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Semi horn would be plenty loud enough.
Real Train Horn mite cause an accident.

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Train horns are one of those,,, they have a practical use when used by responsible people. Seeing a texting driver doing 70 and drifting from lane to lane is a practical need. Driving down my road and scaring my mare out of her skin, will get you a bad day that ends poorly.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Train horns are one of those,,, they have a practical use when used by responsible people. Seeing a texting driver doing 70 and drifting from lane to lane is a practical need. Driving down my road and scaring my mare out of her skin, will get you a bad day that ends poorly.

Dammit Fitz, I had to coax the mare down out of the oak tree in the south pasture again. Lay off that damn horn! :)

-K

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963